function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Erin RossErin Ross 

Assistance with field mapping from an account to a lead

We have a special account type, called "Org Account." The Org Accounts are connected to merchant leads.  This connection is already in place.  What I am looking to do is map the field "org status" from the org account to its correlated merchant leads.  The mapped field would need to be read only. 
Raj R.Raj R.
Hi Erin,

Where will the org status field reside? On the Account or Lead object? Will the mapping be a 1 to 1 relationship between the org status and the correlated merchant leads? 
Krishna SambarajuKrishna Sambaraju
You can create a formula field on Lead object to display the status of the Org Account. (example formula : OrgAccount__r.OrgStatus__c)
Hope this helps.
Erin RossErin Ross
The org status is currently housed on the account page. The mapping relationship will be 1 ORG Account to many merchant leads.
Raj R.Raj R.
Erin,

You can do as Krishna has suggested. By doing so, the mapped field would be visible on the Lead Object Page layout as read only and on every Lead, you will be able to show the org status. . Are trying to show the mapped field on the Lead Object?
Hi Erin,

As I suggested, if you create a forumula field on the Lead object, it will display the Org Status of Org Account that has been selected in the lookup field. This status will be shown on all the merchant leads of that Org Account.

Hope this helps.

Erin RossErin Ross
Thank you for your help, Krishna.  I just have a few more questions.  The field label for the Org Account name = Client_Account__r  and the field label for the org status = Org_Status__c.  I am having trouble with the formula because org status is a picklist field.  I want it to display any of the picklist values as text on the lead object.  Do you have any suggestions on how to right the formula without syntax errors?
The formula field should be like this.
TEXT(Client_Account__r.Org_Status__c);

Hope this helps.