function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ken KoellnerKen Koellner 

Super slow save to sandboxes from IDE?

Anyone every get horrendously slow performance when saving classes and pages from the Eclipse IDE back to the org? 

I'm experiencing times when it takes several minutes just to save one file.  Trying to work in a rapid development cycle is almost impossible and it's also hard not to completely lose your train of thought when debugging.

I guess I'm sort of venting here.  We did enter a support case once.  But a support case will sit for a day or two before anything happens.  And by then, the SB is back to saving in 5 or 10 seconds.  Then a week or two later, for the better part of the day, save time is back to several minutes.

I'm wondering if anyone else ever has the same issue.

I did check my network speed and have a 40ms ping, 20mbs download, and 5mbs upload.  My network is fast enought to do voice-over-IP meetings with screen sharing so you think I could upload a couple K text file in maybe a second.
Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher
I ran into that a lot when I used to use the Eclipse IDE - I've flipped over to MavensMate and haven't had a single issue in the multiple orgs I work in.
Paul (Bonhomie.io)Paul (Bonhomie.io)
I would have to agree with Andy, it's much faster using MavensMate with Sublime Text 3 plugin. It's easier to update the project metadata filtering out the files you don't need for a particular project or set of VisualForce pages.
Tad Aalgaard 3Tad Aalgaard 3
This happens as well to me just using the Developer Console.  It's painful how slow it can be sometimes.
Marco MancillaMarco Mancilla
This also happens to me and based on what I've read online, this happens to pretty much everyone. Just salesforce being salesforce, I guess.
Tad Aalgaard 3Tad Aalgaard 3
What can help with this is to only download the minimal amount of meta data that you need for your project.  This will help to make it faster.