function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
venkat pvrvenkat pvr 

The "android" utility does not exist error while creating salesforce hybrid mobile app.

I am getting the following error while creating a salesforce hybrid mobile app in windows7 os

C:\Users\venkat\AppData\Roaming\npm>forcedroid create
Enter your application type (native, hybrid_remote, or hybrid_local): native
Enter your application name: napp
Enter the target directory of your app: E:\Venkateswar\forcedroid_work\pvrapphyb
rid
Enter the target Android API version number for your application (at least 21 (L
ollipop)): 17
Target API must be at least 21
Enter the target Android API version number for your application (at least 21 (L
ollipop)): 21
Enter the package name for your app (com.mycompany.my_app): com.pvr.napp
Do you want to use SmartStore or SmartSync in your app? [yes/NO] ('No' by defaul
t) no
The "android" utility does not exist at E:\Venkateswar\spftwares_android\android
-sdk\tools;\tools\android.bat.  Make sure you've properly installed the Android
SDK.

any one please help how to resolve this problem

Thanks.
ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
I would recommend you to post it here: https://plus.google.com/communities/114225252149514546445
Sathyavelrajan AvudaiappanSathyavelrajan Avudaiappan
It looks like the SDK is not setup properly or the ANDROID_HOME path is not set up already.

Create an environment variable ANDROID_HOME (In windows, Control panel ==> System and Security ==> System ==> Advanced System Settings ==> Environment Variables. Create an env variable name as : ANDROID_HOME and the value as: C:\Users\<<USER>>\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk or where ever you have installed the ANDROID SDK.

To locate your Android SDK installation directory, please open up the Android Studio. File ==> Settings ==> Appearance & Behavior ==> System Settings ==> Android SDK. On the right side panel, you could find the Android SDK Location. (Example: C:\Users\<<USER>>\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk). Thanks.