function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Abraham kumar 4Abraham kumar 4 

Can we Blacklist certain email domains so contacts cant be created with that email ID.

Hi All,

Please can you help me with this. I want to Blacklist certain email domains so that users cannot create contacts with their personal email id. please can you help me on how this can be done.
Below are the listed email domains to blacklist how can we do this so that contact cant be created with the below (Email IDs)email domains.

@hotmail.com
@hotmail.co.uk
@outlook.com
@live.com
@aol.com
@gmail.com
@me.com
@yahoo.com
@ymail.co.uk

Many Thanksfor your help in advance.
Abraham
Best Answer chosen by Abraham kumar 4
Shrikant BagalShrikant Bagal
Hello Abraham,

Try following criteria:

(CONTAINS(Email, "@hotmail.com") || CONTAINS(Email, "@hotmail.co.uk"))&& RecordTypeId  = "012D0000000BaFA"

If its helps, please mark as best answer so it will help to other who will serve same problem.
T​hanks! 

All Answers

hello Abraham,

You can Create an Validation rule on Contact Object with following criateria :

Email => Contains("Your domain")

Hi Srikanth,

Thank u soo much for the quick response

I tried like below but still it saves the record, Am i using the right criteria?

CONTAINS(Email, "@hotmail.com,@hotmail.co.uk") && RecordTypeId  = "012D0000000BaFA"

The record type id is because i want to apply this only for one contact form.

Many Thanks in advance
Hello Abraham,

Try following criteria:

(CONTAINS(Email, "@hotmail.com") || CONTAINS(Email, "@hotmail.co.uk"))&& RecordTypeId  = "012D0000000BaFA"

If its helps, please mark as best answer so it will help to other who will serve same problem.
T​hanks! 
This was selected as the best answer
Amazing... Thank u soo much for your help Shrikant.
Made my day..

Regards
Abraham
keep shearing......... :)
Jesse MattJesse Matt
Well this is really good option so you need to go for the further information as for the issue AOL won't let me reset password (http://www.clickohow.com/aol-wont-let-me-reset-my-password) online so here is the help.