function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Paul DanielPaul Daniel 

How to set Active Tab in Napili template for Topic View page

I've been referencing the "Community Templates for Self-Service Implementation Guide" (https://help.salesforce.com/help/pdfs/en/community_templates.pdf), and on page 69 for the 'Topic View' page in the Napili template, it says "Results List (3) lets you change label text and whether the articles or discussions tab appears first".

I am able to change the label text, but I canot change which tab appears first. I would like the Article tab and it's content to appear when the page loads, but I am not seeing a setting for this. The only options I have is listed in the screenshot below:
Results List property editor for Topic View page

The manual says it is possible, but there is no setting for changing which tab appears first. Is there a typo in the guide? If not, how can I get the Articles tab to appear first instead of the Discussions tab?

I am able to set the 'Active Tab' to 'Articles' for the 'Search' page. How come the 'Topic View' page does not have this same setting? I spoke with general Salesforce support and they were able to replicate the issue on their end and directed me to the Dev forums. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Paul DanielPaul Daniel

I spoke with the Salesforce support team and they were able to find that the 'Active Tab' setting appears in Site.com Studio for the Topic View page. Once you set a value for the Active Tab setting in Site.com, the setting will then appear in the Community Builder. The referenced manual is correct, there just seems to be a bug where the 'Active Tab' setting is missing (disabled) in Community Builder until it is set in Site.com Studio.

Listed below is a screenshot showing the 'Active Tab' setting in Site.com Studio for the Topic View page.

User-added image

c.ashtonc.ashton
Did you find a solution to this issue? I have replicated the above and set the Active Tab as 'Articles' but it still defaults to Discussions
Paul DanielPaul Daniel
The only solution was changing the setting in Site.com Studio, but the latest community updates are not compatible with Site.com anymore. We ended up using the Kokua tempalte rather than Napili so I never pursued the solution. I really wouldn't be surprised if this is still a bug in community buidler.
Kevin StrangeKevin Strange

Hi,
You can do this if you use the Napili Templates in (Spring 16).  Change the Active Tab to articles (not Articles) 

I also included {!searchString} in the Property Editor. This works perfectly - 

Example:
User-added image