function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tracy Oden 6Tracy Oden 6 

Building a commercial app. Need to override standard salesforce style with custom. How using VF?

I am trying to discover how to override the standard style in Salesforce. I am more of a declartive developer. I would like to keep the SF header. I simply want a new skin (white background).
1) Can you tell me how to do this.
2) Provide sample VF code.  
3) Instruct me as to how to include the VF page, to override the standard SF style, so that the style is universal (application wide)..

I would truly appreciate it.
Best Answer chosen by Tracy Oden 6
K@SK@S
Hi Tracy,
which object you want that under goes to select buttons,Links,and Action and click edit new there you override you VF page. your VF try to header part this way.
<apex:sectionheader title="Lead Edit" subtitle="My New Lead">
</apex:sectionheader> <apex:pageblock mode="edit" id="leadPB" title="Lead Edit">

If you get the answer, please mark it as the correct answer. It will be a help to others who are facing the same problem later.

Thanks,
Kae

All Answers

K@SK@S
Hi Tracy,
which object you want that under goes to select buttons,Links,and Action and click edit new there you override you VF page. your VF try to header part this way.
<apex:sectionheader title="Lead Edit" subtitle="My New Lead">
</apex:sectionheader> <apex:pageblock mode="edit" id="leadPB" title="Lead Edit">

If you get the answer, please mark it as the correct answer. It will be a help to others who are facing the same problem later.

Thanks,
Kae
This was selected as the best answer
Tracy Oden 6Tracy Oden 6
I believe this solves the problem. I tested how to connect VF page to override.  This works. I will have to test the apex functionaltiy but I got accomplished what I set out to do. Thanks.
Eswar Prasad@Sfdc11Eswar Prasad@Sfdc11
HI Tracy Oden,
Which object you want to embed into vfpage .must create buttons,links&action in those you will assign vfpage must be standardcontroller sobject and also vfpage assign pagelayout 

http://www.infallibletechie.com/2012/11/how-to-embed-visualforce-page-on.html

Regards
Eswar Prasad