function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gayathri GollaGayathri Golla 

Pull Metadata information of an object

Hi I am trying to pull all the metadata information for an object(user selected object) where I want to see what all fields ,validation tules,workflows,record types,Triggers(associated to an object),Apex classes(where the object is referenced).
I tried to search for an AppExchange Apps for this but all the apps seems to be pulling only fields,paga layouts and not more than that.I dont wnat to use eclipse for this.Do we have any tool as such in AppExchange? or is there anyway i can do it?

Can anyone help me with on this.

Best Answer chosen by Gayathri Golla
NagaNaga (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Gayathri,

I dont think there is any tool in App exchange which does this...
You might have to try it through eclipse, any reason why you dont want to use eclipse?

Best Regards
Naga Kiran

All Answers

NagaNaga (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Gayathri,

I dont think there is any tool in App exchange which does this...
You might have to try it through eclipse, any reason why you dont want to use eclipse?

Best Regards
Naga Kiran
This was selected as the best answer
Hi Naga Kiran,

We have a requirement wherein we want to dig into each object and see where all it is used so as we if we think its not required we can merge them with other objects and i want the result in a spreadsheet in an automated way since in Eclipse we have to manually create a snap shot again thats the reason we are thinking not to use Eclipse.

There is no such tool available now.I am currently using Eclipse for this.Thanks for the inputs.