function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KJesseKJesse 

With User/Pass OAuth Can a Standard Salesforce User login with OAuth clientid and client secret?

My authentication works properly when ther username and password is my developer account. But when I choose to make the OAuth username and password a user I created, it does not pass. Is it possible to have a user that cannot normally get access to the clientid and client secret authenticate with it?

The reason I am trying to do that is because if I reveal the generic login to other users, I want to control what view they have ie Standard Salesforce User. However I do not want to do the authentication code login because we only want a single Salesforce Login and not a salesforce login for each user in the organization.

Optimal solution would be to avoid the login page and send data to one salesforce account.
Best Answer chosen by KJesse
KJesseKJesse
Was able to solve this by resetting the secret and assigning it to the username/password flow for the standard salesforce user.

All Answers

KJesseKJesse
Now I edited another System Administrator who was able to get access to Salesforce User and it worked. I moved it to Read Only and the access was revoked. I put it back as System Administrator and the access is still revoked. The profile does have OAuth access to the connected app. Curl error is 

Error: call to token URL https://login.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/token failed with status 400, response {"error_description":"authentication failure","error":"invalid_grant"}, curl_error , curl_errno 0

Is there something I have not enabled on the profile??? This Profile that was working is the credentials for the Username Password OAuth
KJesseKJesse
Was able to solve this by resetting the secret and assigning it to the username/password flow for the standard salesforce user.
This was selected as the best answer