function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TechEd_ProgrammerTechEd_Programmer 

Lightning Component LI rendering

I am struggling with how to get my component to render a list item that leverages a jQuery library. I have found that when I troubleshoot in the JAVA script console, I can get the function to work properly, however, other than that it will not work. I have seen several posts about render and rerender, but nothing seems to fit what I am attempting to do in this instance.

To explain: I have my main component passing a variable through an event to a component withing the application. Once the event fires, I am running a query and presenting a list of draggable items. The styling for the items render from the library, however the draggable ability is not there without the use of the troubleshooting. I have verified that the data is being passed correctly as well as the fact that all libraries are loading from static resources

Here is my component:
<aura:component controller="Evolve_lgt_Controller">
<aura:attribute name="userstory" type="object"/>
<aura:attribute name="sprint" type="object"/>
<aura:handler event="c:RefreshUserStories" action="{!c.list_Story_sprint}"/>
<style type="text/css">
li.draggable-story { width: 75px; height: 75px; padding: 0.5em; float: left; margin: 5px 5px 5px 5px; border-style: solid; text-align: center; list-style: none;}
#droppable { width: 200px; height: 400px; padding: 0.5em; float: left; margin: 10px; list-style: none; border-style: solid;}
</style>
<div class="userstory">
    <ul id="draggable">
        <aura:iteration items="{!v.userstory}" var="us">
            <li class="draggable-story ui-state-default">
                <p><ui:outputText value="{!us.Name}"/></p>
            </li>
        </aura:iteration>
    </ul>   
</div>

And here is my controller:
({
list_Story_sprint: function(component, event, helper) {
    var story = event.getParam("userstory");
    var sprint = event.getParam("sprint");
    helper.getStories(component, story);
    helper.getSprints(component, sprint);
    //$(document).ready(function() { 
        console.log($( "li.draggable-story" ).length);
        $( "li.draggable-story" ).draggable();
        $( "#droppable" ).droppable({
            drop: function( event, ui ) {
                $( this )
                .addClass( "ui-state-highlight" )
                .find( "p" );
            }
        });
    //});
},
})

Any assistance is appreciated.
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
I'm using JQuery in a few lightning components without issue. How are you loading the resources?
Omar Salas 8Omar Salas 8
I'm looking for resources on how to integrate jQuery with lightning components. Any attempt I make to use jQuery's $ will throw a "$ is not defined." I used jQuery in the past (not a pro) but I'm new to Salesforce and Lightning Components. I've been able to aquire certain functionality using traditional javascript though I'd love to be able to use jQuery, it'd save a ton of time on a daily basis.