function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jason Alan BohrerJason Alan Bohrer 

STICKING POINT! Process Automation Routing Records with Approvals

"Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Account setup for challenge incomplete. Please add 'Prospect', 'Customer' and 'Pending' picklist values to the Account 'Type' field"

Working on the challenge for 
Process Automation: Routing Records with Approvals

Everything is lock-tight except for one detail pictured in screenshot.

I felt like I tried every permutation in the book to fix this (all acounts are synced, all process is in order, I have reset, redefined and created everything that seems feasable) but apparently I am missing this, or it would have worked. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.User-added image

Thank you!

Best Answer chosen by Jason Alan Bohrer
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Hi Jason,

Please follow below step:-
Setup--> Account--> Field 
User-added image

Then Select type field
User-added image

Then add picklist values.
User-added image

I hope that will help. Then you need to update your workflow and need to use new picklist values.

1) On Initial Submission Actions to set Type field Pending
User-added image
2) On Final Approval Actions  to set Type field as Customer
User-added image
3) On Final Rejection Actions to set Type field as Prospect

Please let us know if this will help you

Thanks,
Amit Chaudhary
amit.salesforce21@gmail.com

All Answers

Your Entry Criteria should be like below:-

(Account: TypeequalsProspect) and (Account: Employeesgreater than500)

User-added image

And you need to create three workflow field update to set Type field

Like below screen shot:-

User-added image

NOTE:- Please add three picklist "Pending" , "Customer" and "Prospect" in Account Type field.

Please let us know if this will help you.

Thanks
Amit Chaudhary

Thank you Amit!

So here is what I have set so far. Looks solid. But how do I 
add three picklist "Pending" , "Customer" and "Prospect" in Account Type field? I am stil getting the same error message as posted above. You can see my work below. I feel like I am somehow missing the simplest thing.

Thank you so much for your help!

Routing Records w/ Approvals

Sandeep BhanotSandeep Bhanot

Hi Jason - your problem is actually not related to the Approval Process at all. I think you're missing the first requirement for the challenge - "The Account object's Type field must have the following picklist values: Prospect, Customer, Pending. Before creating the approval process, verify the values in your Account object setup".
In order to complete that requirement, you'll have to go to Customize-->Account-->Fields in Setup and edit the 'Type' field. There you can add the 3 picklist values listed in the challenge and then come back to the approval process. Hope this helps!

Sandeep

Thank you! So I followed the steps you recommended, but I cannot seem to find where to add the values in the picklist (per screenshot below). It does also give me the option in the prior screen to 'replace' next to 'edit' by 'Type', is this the move i should make? Truly, thank you for your assistance.User-added image
Hi Jason,

Please follow below step:-
Setup--> Account--> Field 
User-added image

Then Select type field
User-added image

Then add picklist values.
User-added image

I hope that will help. Then you need to update your workflow and need to use new picklist values.

User-added image
User-added image

Please let us know if this will help you

Thanks,
Amit Chaudhary
amit.salesforce21@gmail.com
This was selected as the best answer

Ok; worked through that (just needed to click 'Type' not 'edit', but now it is telling me "The process did not set the correct Type value on submitting for approval". Thoughts here?

Now Please check all three workflow.

And you need to create three workflow field update to set Type field
User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

Please let us k now if this will help you.

Thanks,
Amit Chaudhary
You 2 are amazing! Thank you trememndously Amit and Sandeep! See below:Win!Win!!

Oh! As a point of mention just to fill in all the steps in case anyone else needs guidance through this: when editing 'Account-> Field -> Type', be certain that when you scroll to type, cloick 'Type' NOT edit to add the values to the picklist.

Eric Carino 3Eric Carino 3
Hey Guys! 

I deleted the field i created in account as "Account Type" with the picklist customer, pending and prosepect but now when i tried to put it under "type" in account it gives me an error. I deleted the workflow process and the "account type" field I had created with the picklist values but I still receive these error messages. Any help?
 User-added image
User-added image
Michael KonykMichael Konyk

Hi, Eric!

I actually got the same problem.

The only way to figure it ouy is to create a new DE account.

Tiina Setala 4Tiina Setala 4
Hi guys!

Im having problems with this. When trying to create the piclist values, they automatically go to the object case and not the account even though im in the account object. I dont understand this and its driving me crazy. What to do? 

Brian RivasBrian Rivas
For "The process did not set the correct Type value on submitting for approval" I found the issue was that it wanted the actions specified under Approval Steps, I found it by clicking Show Actions. I'm not sure whether final actions even matter as far as the challenge is concerned, but it wasn't enough to add field updates to the final actions.
Brian HegerBrian Heger
@Tiina Setala 4 - Did you ever get that figured out?  I'm having the same issue!
Tulasi UppalaTulasi Uppala
Hello All,
 Initial Submission Actions:" Field to update" should be "Account:Type" right? I am not having that option in the dropdown menu, any suggestions why I am not getting the option ....
User-added image

Thank you,
Tulasi
Apoorv Shukla 8Apoorv Shukla 8
@Tulasi, I think the Field name must be "Type" not "Account Type"
Jolene C WhiteJolene C White
I can't figure out what's not correct here.  Any help is greatly appreciated since I'm not seeing the issue.
The error message: The process did not set the correct Type value on submitting for approval.

Here are the values available on the Type field:
User-added image

Here is an overall look at the  approval process
User-added image

Here is the detail on the first Field Update called 'Pending'
User-added image
Lauren HerreraLauren Herrera
Hi All- I have done everything that @Amit Chaudhary 8 and @Brian Rivas have recommended and I have gone into a new DE Org to try again. I keep getting this message and am going nuts! User-added image Any help?

Lauren HerreraLauren Herrera
@Chris Duarte- Can you help me with this one. I have tried everything mentioned above, tried changing orgs. Any suggestions?
Ghazaleh NazariGhazaleh Nazari
@chris Duarte- Can you please help. I get this error even though all seems right.
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Can't find the necessary account type options. Add 'Prospect', 'Customer' and 'Pending' as picklist values for the Type field on the Account object.
Newbie999Newbie999
Hi, The type is not changing to 'pending' on submitting. I wonder why? can anyone help here! I made changes at Initial Submitters fields. Stopped getting the 'When an account is submitted for approval, the approval process doesn't set the correct Type value' error and started getting something like success: entry criteria error.  can anyone explain what's wrong here?
my approval processInitial Submission Actions