function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Senthil prabhu MookiahSenthil prabhu Mookiah 

Create and enable a compact layout : Trailhead Challenge

Hi All,

I am trying to learn Salesforce through Trailhead and quite possibly, i may have made a stupid mistake at this challenge but i am having hard time figuring the problem. Any help will be appreciable.

The challege:
We would like contact information in Salesforce1 to focus on the phone numbers and email addresses of the contact record. Override the system default compact layout so that the contact's phone, mobile number, and email address appear in the summary information of the Contact page in the Salesforce1 mobile application.Create a compact layout for the Contact object called 'Phone and Email'. The fields on the compact layout should be Name, Phone, Mobile, and Email. Set the Compact Layout Assignment for the Contact object so that the new layout is used in the Salesforce1 mobile application. 

Error Encountered: 
User-added image

Solution:
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image

I have the contact object with the compact layout 'phone and email' with the expected fileds and made it primary. Still, i face the above error. Any thoughts/ideas how to resolve my problem?

Thank you in advance.
Best Answer chosen by Senthil prabhu Mookiah
KaranrajKaranraj
Senthil - The challenge is to create Compact pagelayout for the Standard 'Contact' Object , there is no need of creating custom 'Contact' object for this challenge thats the reason for the failure in submission.You have to do all those steps under the standard 'Contact' object and then verify the challenge. 

Thanks,
Karanraj

All Answers

KaranrajKaranraj
Senthil - The challenge is to create Compact pagelayout for the Standard 'Contact' Object , there is no need of creating custom 'Contact' object for this challenge thats the reason for the failure in submission.You have to do all those steps under the standard 'Contact' object and then verify the challenge. 

Thanks,
Karanraj
This was selected as the best answer
Senthil prabhu MookiahSenthil prabhu Mookiah
@Karanraj: Thank you much for the timely response. It worked like a charm.
Joe SchmittJoe Schmitt
Where do I find the "standard" contact object? This is driving me nuts!
Greg LoperGreg Loper
Type Contacts into the Quick search rather than Objects.   It seems that trailhead focuses on custom objects and not standard ones in the early lessons so, I like you, had a bit of a struggle getting to a standard object.  I hope this helps.