function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
robert wynter 3robert wynter 3 

Using the Process Builder - error when checking challenge

Create a process to update child record when the parent is updated. I've tested the PS I created and it works fine and yet when I check the challenge I recieve the error below:

ERROR:
Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, First Name is required: [FirstName]
Grace Patiño PérezGrace Patiño Pérez
I'm giving you an answer thinking on this challenge: "You've been given a requirement to keep Contact addresses in sync with the Account they belong to. Use Process Builder to create a new process that updates all child Contact addresses when the address of the Account record is updated. This process" You may sure that you didn't create any kind of trigger on the first name of the contact.
Let me know how it goes!
In my develope platform I have some installed packages and one of those packages has a trigger within Contacts. However I only have a few contacts and they all have first, last names. This is very odd
Hi! :)
They review the challenge with an automated test, i think they create new records for the test, so when they try to create a contact without fiirst name (beacause is most easy) they can't.
Maybe you can't disable that trigger.
nope unfortunately I'm unable to disable as it's part of on installed package
HI Robert!
Maybe you can create a new DE: developer.salesforce.com/signup
:D
Sandeep BhanotSandeep Bhanot
Hi Robert - as Grace mentioned, we strongly recommend using a fresh new DE Org for Trailhead challenges for exactly this reason. Existing code/config (in your case an AppExchange package) can interfere with the challenge check logic and so please create a new DE (
developer.salesforce.com/signup) and attempt the challenge there. Hope this helps.
Sandeep Bhanot
Salesforce.com 
Jonathan Bondorevsky 4Jonathan Bondorevsky 4
Hi All
I'm getting same message but with ERROR at the end. any idea?
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, ERROR: []