function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ivan WinzerIvan Winzer 

stop scheduled batch job

So i have a batch job that is scheduled to run at 5am and at 9am. I would like to change the scheduled job that runs at 9am to 5pm. Both jobs use the same class so not sure how to update it so i can reschedule the 9am batch run to 5pm. Any help is greatly appreciated. I can provide details if needed.

Ive read some post but still unclear if i can reschedule and if a new class needs to be written in order to do this.
Best Answer chosen by Ivan Winzer
SKolakanSKolakan
Ivan,

Go to Setup>Monitor>Jobs>Scheduled Jobs

You should see two scheduled jobs. See if you can change the one that runs at 9AM (Next scheduled run column) to 5PM using manage. Make sure that it is right job (look at the APEX class field).
If you don't see manage link, delete the job and schedule the same class for 5PM.  there is a Schedule Apex Button on the Setup > Develop > Classes screen.

All Answers

viruSviruS
Both Jobs are in Sames batch class or same scheduler class ? 
SKolakanSKolakan
Ivan,

Go to Setup>Monitor>Jobs>Scheduled Jobs

You should see two scheduled jobs. See if you can change the one that runs at 9AM (Next scheduled run column) to 5PM using manage. Make sure that it is right job (look at the APEX class field).
If you don't see manage link, delete the job and schedule the same class for 5PM.  there is a Schedule Apex Button on the Setup > Develop > Classes screen.
This was selected as the best answer
Ivan WinzerIvan Winzer
Sreeni you are awesome. Support said there wasnt not a way from the UI to delete or change the job and i thought only under the Apex Jobs in this section could you make a change. It doesnt let me change the job so i will delete and start a new one to run at 5pm.

Thanks Again....