function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rick KernesRick Kernes 

Trailhead Approval Process Failing

Does anyone know why I am getting this error, when the process clearly exists and is active?

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.
User-added image
Amit Khanduri.Amit Khanduri.
@Rick Kernes .... You need to unlock record on Final approval action and final rejection action and update the feild as mentioned in both the cases. and make sure for initial submission action you lock the status with feild type update to pending.

User-added image
I am hoping you have all the three values(Prospect,pending,costomer) in Type picklist on account object.
Let me know.
ShamanthSureshShamanthSuresh
Field updates are not necessary for the trailhead assignment.
Just make sure you are creating the apporval process on the Case object and not on account.
There is a picklist value with black background called "Manage Approval Processes For: " and make sure you chose Case here.

No Entry Criteria required, just assign yourself as approver and activate the approval process, also make sure you have enabled "Allow Approvals" in "Chatter settings" & enable tracking on Case object

Thanks,
Shamanth

Bayarea 101Bayarea 101
If you are not able to solve the issue let me know i have the solution

Harsh DodiyaHarsh Dodiya

Question
Create an approval process to support a case escalation procedure, with the ability to approve directly from Chatter.Verify Chatter Approvals is enabled and the Case standard object has Chatter feed tracking turned on.

The approval process must be created on the Case object and be named 'Case Escalation'. No entry criteria is required for this approval process and you can set yourself as the approver.
Upon entering the approval process, approval request notification needs to be posted to the Chatter feed.

Issue
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.: []

Everything is working, still it showing the issue. what can be the problem ??

Paul MandelPaul Mandel
My issues was:  

Just make sure you are creating the approval process on the Case object and not on Account.  Dropdown on very first step.
Tom ScalzoTom Scalzo
I was only able to solve it by deleting the procedure and recreating it using the JumpStart method. One tends to have an overactive imagination and fills in fields that are not neccesary :-)
saran kumar 9saran kumar 9
please help me

i am getting this error

"There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: MANAGER_NOT_DEFINED, Manager undefined.: [] "
Paul JoycePaul Joyce
I'm getting this too and its really frustrating because all appears fine.  I deleted and recreated etc but the TH checker does not even to see the Approval Process.  What gives?
ali ahmed 2ali ahmed 2

I solved this by removing the Entry Criteria. It said that a criteria won't required, but it actually fails if one is present.
michelle emanuel 59michelle emanuel 59
I am getting the same error and I tried removing the entrance critieria but it did not work for me. I am getting
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: MANAGER_NOT_DEFINED, Manager undefined.: []
on the trailhead for approval process.
User-added image

Doug ChunnDoug Chunn
had the same problem and tried everything above.  Nothing got it done EXCEPT ensuring I am the approver.  Just make sure you pick Assigned Approver and select yourself
Celle  StizzaCelle Stizza
I got this done when I made sure that the entry criteria is blank (since it is not required in the challenge)
John Fudali 2John Fudali 2
Thanks Paul, I was also oblivious to the "Manage Approval Processes for:" dropdown.  Needs to be justified left.
Stephen SullivanStephen Sullivan
So i approved a couple records so it would appear on Chatter Feed before getting this error... Does anyone know how to remove approvals so I can delete the process?
AndyVlasovAndyVlasov
Checked everething 1000+ times but still can't figure out what causes an error. Does anyone have any ideas? 

User-added image

User-added image
Caleb KuesterCaleb Kuester
So all I did was: 
1) setup > quicksearch > approval process *click*
2) on this page, find "manage approval processes for:" > select "Case" (THIS IS WHERE I KEPT FAILING)
3) Click on "Create New Approval Process" dropdown. > "Use Jumpstart Wizard"
4) Insert name defined within the instructions > "Unique Name" will become auto-filled. 
5) Click "field" and select "Created By" (field) "equals" (operator) "[my name]" (value)
6) Click radio button: "automatically assign to approver(s)" > click "user" > "[my name]
7) Save
8) Create Case object. You are the creator, by default, so nothing needs to be changed. 
9) Check Trailhead success. 
Óscar Seraji-BozorgzadÓscar Seraji-Bozorgzad
Hi !

I had the same error, could someone help me please?

There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.: []

User-added image
manindra chinnimanindra chinni

when i try to open build an approval process section under Approve records with approval process module in Developer beginner i am facing below error

User-added image