function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sumir SainiSumir Saini 

Verify Error Build a Conference Management App / Creating a Visualforce Page - Error no VF page found

Hi,

I keep getting the error that there is no Visual Force page titled "SpeakerForm." I've checked everything multiple times. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
anand k 11anand k 11
Hi Sumir,

Try the challenge using a fresh org, or check if you're using a new, non-namespaced DE Org for this project?

Thanks
Anand

Sunil PalSunil Pal
HI Sumir, 

Please share your VF page code and and the url which you are launching
Sumir SainiSumir Saini
url - https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/project/salesforce_developer_workshop/creating_visualforce#challenge

which includes the code
Tim GeislerTim Geisler
I have the same problem with the same task.
Sumir SainiSumir Saini
I just tried deleting it and starting over. Still got the same message.
Bruce Frager 17Bruce Frager 17
Me too ...
Katherine BootheKatherine Boothe
Anyone able to get this resolved? I'm still encountering the error and it's preventing me from completing the module.
I found some additional info:

When I add two out of the three InputFields in the code, I receive the following error:
Step not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'SpeakerForm' page does not include a inputField that binds to the Speaker last name 
Note: you may run into errors if you've skipped previous steps.

This shows that the SpearkerForm page is found and Trailhead is able to correctly identify the missing piece. However, as soon as I add the third Input Field, I receive the error:
Step not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'SpeakerForm' Visualforce page was not found. 
Note: you may run into errors if you've skipped previous steps

This happened in three different Dev Orgs, and I was able to recreate this no matter what order the Input Fields were created.

I still cannot pass this module, and any help at this point would be appreciated!
Sandeep BhanotSandeep Bhanot
Hi everyone,
Quick update on this from Team Trailhead. Several users have reported this issue and we're actively investigating it. It doesn't affect every DE which is what makes it more complicated to track down, but we're working on it. Sincere apologies for this issue. I'll post to this thread as soon as we have an update. Thanks
Sandeep
Sandeep BhanotSandeep Bhanot
Hi everyone,
I have an update to provide. We were finally able to narrow down what's going on here. The "The 'SpeakerForm' Visualforce page was not found" error message turned out to be a red herring that was masking a different issue (which is why it took us so long to identify!). Part of the instructions for this step of the project (https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/project/salesforce_developer_workshop/creating_visualforce) is to 'Set SpeakerForm as the Default Form'. This is detailed in Step 2 of that page. 
You see the  "The 'SpeakerForm' Visualforce page was not found" error if you don't complete that step and don't set the SpeakerForm VF page as the default 'Edit' and 'New' page for the Speaker object. Once you set those 2 defaults, you should be able to complete the step and get the hard earned badge!
The bug was with the actual error message - it was obviously misleading - not the challenge check itself. I sincerely apologize for that. We're in the process of rolling out a fix that will update the error message in such cases to be more accurate and complete. In the meantime, everyone should be able to complete the step by setting the 2 defaults for the Speaker object. Thanks
Sandeep
That did it for me! I missed the step of assigning the Visualforce page to the "New" button on Speaker__c (I did it for "Edit"). Thanks, Sandeep!