function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TheRealistTheRealist 

Why sharing settings are not working as expected in my Org?

Hi 
Scenario: i have two groups with multiple users each,now when a record is created by any user from that group,only all the users among that group should have access to each others records but not to the other group of users, as a solution i have created two groups US team UK team and tried by creating a sharing rule based on criteria that best suits and based on owner,they are successfully created but none of them are working.
any suggestions or ideas will be highly appreciated.
asagarwal.comasagarwal.com
Why not just create the ownership based sharing rule and select the same group both under "owned by members of" and "Share with". Seems more logical based on your requirement.
TheRealistTheRealist
@asagarwaldotcom, i did that before posting here,but no luck
asagarwal.comasagarwal.com
And what exactly do you mean by its not working? Are the users in the same group not able to see the records created by the other group members? You may need to try a couple of options to see if the the problem lies anywhere else. For example can the users see records if you change the OWD to Public Read Only. You can trying clicking the button 'Recalculate' on the sharing rules. Also ensure that profile of all the group members at the 'Read' privilege on the object.