function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Samantha JamesonSamantha Jameson 

Can't connect to Developer Edition through the Challenge Connect option

I have an existing Salesforce Developer Edition Account; however, when I try and connect to my account via the Challenge Connect button, my username and password is not recognized. Do I need to connect to my salesforce developer account via the challenge connect in order for the challenge to be credited to my developer trailhead account? Or can I just login to my salesforce developer account separately and complete the challenge that way?
Katie PoindexterKatie Poindexter
Hi have the same problem.  I've tried both avenues and am able to do Challenge multiple choice questions, but not the Challenges that require the developer login.

Stefan Krug 3Stefan Krug 3
Same to me. I tried to connect any of my Developer-Orgs to Trailhead via the Challenge, but none of them seem to work with Trailhead. So I tried to create a new one, but this doesn't work either. So how can I use Trailhead with all it's challenges when it is not possible to connect a DE-Org?
Stefan Krug 3Stefan Krug 3
Hey there,
just tried again using Google Chrome and it worked. Failed over and over again with IE and FF. Can someone confirm?
Hi,  I tried Chrome as well.  Still cannot login.
Michael LepleyMichael Lepley
I am not able to get into this either.  The login recognizes that I have a developer edition and that my id exists yet I cannot connect it nor can I log in. 
Mario LenzMario Lenz
Same for me with Safari.
Anthony PuglisiAnthony Puglisi
I also have the same issue.  Using Google Chrome.  Is there an answer to this question???

Jernej CesarJernej Cesar
I'm facing the same issue on IE and Chrome
Rob KaplanRob Kaplan
Authentication issue persists.....
Michael LepleyMichael Lepley
It would be great if there was a solution to this problem!  I will attempt to login through Chrome and see if that helps
Rob KaplanRob Kaplan
I may have the ANSWER to this.  At a recent NH UG meeting I learned that both the Trailhead path and the dev test account must be using the same browser.  I was in a test org on one browser, and in Trailhead via an alternate browser.  When I set them up as side-by-side tabs, in the same browser, (Chrome), I connected with ease, and earned my first badge.  Hope this helps you.
Thank you. I already tried this option. Still cannot get in.
Jessica RubensteinJessica Rubenstein
I'm stuck too, can't connect trailhead to my developer account... anyone figure this out yet?
Roy WeeseRoy Weese
I'm having the same issue. No matter what I try, it keeps coming back with the same loop. It would be great if someone from Salesforce actually monitired this forum. 
Courtney PelhamCourtney Pelham
Same exact issue, below is the page that shows up after selecting login from my saved developer username. User-added image

Roy WeeseRoy Weese
I was able to create a new DE using my personal email account instead of work and I was able to launch the challenge ok. Not sure why the same account cannot be used but then I don't work at Salesforce. 

Michelle BuschMichelle Busch
I was finally able to login after I 1) deleted cookies, 2) refreshed the Trailhead screen so that it requested me to log into Trailhead again 3) logged into my Dev org from Trailhead. Hope that helps!
Nicole PonceNicole Ponce
I have the same issue. Have tried Google Chrome & IE. Deleted cookies & refreshed the browsers. Is there an answer to this question???

Deirdre SmithDeirdre Smith
I am having the same problem on all three browsers. Any one have a solution? I did delete cookies, refreshed browsers and logged into dev from Trailhead. Thank you.
Sarah FlamionSarah Flamion
I am having the same issue. When I log in, it just takes me out of the module & back to the Trailhead home. I tried logging in first & then accessing the module, but no luck.
Vivek Ponugoti 20Vivek Ponugoti 20
I am facing same issue while connect my trail head to my Developer edition, I was able to login into TrailHead using DE Org Credentials and when i try to connect the Challenge with DE Org its giving me below error.

User-added image
catiicatii
same issue with DX orgs :( already created 2 developer editions and the issue still occurs