function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EmilienGuichardEmilienGuichard 

Build a Conference Management App - Creating a Visualforce Page - Error Faraday::Error::ResourceNotFound

Hello all,

I'm tring to complete the step "Creating a Visualforce Page"  on project "Build a Conference Management App" and when I hit the verify button I get the following error :

"There was an unhandled exception. Please reference ID: VQLWBWHN. Error: Faraday::Error::ResourceNotFound. Message: NOT_FOUND: The requested resource does not exist
Note: you may run into errors if you've skipped previous steps."

Could someone please help me ?

Thanks a ton.
Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma
Could you post code for your visualforce page and controller class.
EmilienGuichardEmilienGuichard
Hi,

There is only a visualforce page for this step, and it's copy/paste from the given code :

<apex:page standardController="Speaker__c">
<apex:form >
    <apex:pageBlock title="Edit Speaker">
        <apex:pageBlockSection columns="1">
            <apex:inputField value="{!Speaker__c.First_Name__c}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Speaker__c.Last_Name__c}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Speaker__c.Email__c}"/>
        </apex:pageBlockSection>
        <apex:pageBlockButtons >
            <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save"/>
        </apex:pageBlockButtons>
    </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

Deborah OrthDeborah Orth
I am getting this as well, the VF page works for both New and Edit but the validation the "Creating a VisualForce Page" step fails with "There was an unhandled exception. Please reference ID: MKVEYVIE. Error: Faraday::Error::ResourceNotFound. Message: NOT_FOUND: The requested resource does not exist"

I do have a namespace in my dev org but I have correctly added the <namespace>__ prefix to all the object/field names and confirmed the trigger/controller/VF page work as expected.
Beer NutthawanBeer Nutthawan
I have the same issue, has anyone fixed this already? 
Shalom RubdiShalom Rubdi
While this is an old post, I ran into the same issue with my attempt just now.  I had to spin up a new dev org (https://developer.salesforce.com/signup) and then just create the Speaker object with the following custom fields:
  1. First Name (Type = Text, Char Limit = 30)
  2. Last Name (Type = Text, Char Limit = 30)
  3. Email
I then followed the instructions as scripted for Step 6. in the Conference Management App; the verification then passed.  

It appears the Trailhead validation code that runs behind the scenes can't handle namespaces in the org (which I had enabled for another exercise).

Similar issue with the Trailhead 'Battle Station App' here: https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000MIyCIAW