function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Priyadarshini Manoharan 3Priyadarshini Manoharan 3 

How does Timeline field at Case level in Entitlement Management work?

Hi All,

In Entitlement managent, once it is activated, there is an option to expose Timeline field at Case level. This field graphically depicts the milestone timelines, with an adjustable zoom. Can any explain how it shows the Case Milestones apart from what is mentioned in the Salesforce entitlement management document.

Timeline field image
Thanks and Regards
PD

Best Answer chosen by Priyadarshini Manoharan 3

Hi,

There is a correction to the above solution. The milestone field shows the actual time in 24 hour clock cycle. There is no relationship to field 
 (Show the time remaining in actual hours, not business hours) at Entitlement Settings. This flag controls the milestone tracker and not the milestone graph. Please ignore what is mentioned in the above post

Thanks

All Answers

BHinnersBHinners
There is documentation for it here: https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=cases_fields.htm&language=en
If it doesn't answer your question about how it works, please let us know what you are trying to achieve with it so we can figure out how to help you :)
Hi Bonny,

Thanks for the link, that was the first thing I checked upon. Thanks for helping:) I figured out what I wanted to know. The milestones in the timeline field at Case depict the milestones in business hours if the flag (Show the time remaining in actual hours, not business hours) at Entitlement Settings is unchecked and if it is checked it shows the actual hours in 24 hour clock cycle.

Thanks and Regards
Priya

Hi,

There is a correction to the above solution. The milestone field shows the actual time in 24 hour clock cycle. There is no relationship to field 
 (Show the time remaining in actual hours, not business hours) at Entitlement Settings. This flag controls the milestone tracker and not the milestone graph. Please ignore what is mentioned in the above post

Thanks

This was selected as the best answer