function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Antigoni TsouriAntigoni Tsouri 

Not able to verify third step from 'Quick Start:Lighting Components' challenge

Hi,

I am trying to complete the above challenge in trailhead and although I am copying-pasting everything I get the following error:

"Step not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The component is not using the 'MyContactListController' Apex controller
Note: you may run into errors if you've skipped previous steps."

I have deleted & re-created the component but still dowsn't work. Can you please help ?

Thanks in advance.
Sandeep BhanotSandeep Bhanot
Hi - would you mind posting a screenshot of your Lightning Component code so that I can take a look? Thanks
Sandeep
Antigoni TsouriAntigoni Tsouri
Hi there, apologies for the delay and thanks for your reply.

Here's a screenshot of my Lightning Component Code:

User-added image

Thanks in advance !

Wolfang Freites (Mynamespace)Wolfang Freites (Mynamespace)
Hi Antigoni Tsouri,
I would like to know if you could solve the problem. I couldn't finish all the step least third one. I just stuck there, I don't know which is the problem and I wondering whether you could help me with that.  
Jayamaruthyraman JaganathJayamaruthyraman Jaganath
Hi all,

I am running into the same issue. Initially, my component won't save as it could not see my controller. I searched here and found that i had to prefix the controller name with the namespace name followed by 2 underscrores as below.

<aura:component controller="docsample1__.MyContactListController">

Now I am trying to verify, I am getting the same error; "The component is not using the 'MyContactListController' Apex controller". The MyContactListController.js got saved successfully.

thanks 

Jay
Jayamaruthyraman JaganathJayamaruthyraman Jaganath
I was able to resolve this accidentally. Initially, I had to prefix the controller name with the namespace followed by 2 underscores to get the component saved. This resulted in the error mentioned above. After the verification is failed, I went back and removed the namepsace and saved the component. Surprisingly, the save went through this time and verification was since successful.

Jay