function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Richard Houston 20Richard Houston 20 

Dialogue box on save click

Hi,

I'm trying to determine if it's possible to have a popup box/window with a picklist appear when an opportunity is saved if the stage equals won or lost. Within the window we also need to save another field to the opportunity record. 

We're trying to get users to input this data as it's fairly critical in evaluating our sales process. A validation rule was considered but due to internal company reasons will not be used.

Thanks in advance for any help! 
Best Answer chosen by Richard Houston 20
Pankaj MehraPankaj Mehra
Hi Richard,

On standard Opportuntiy edit layout this is not possible and you are saying that you don't want to use validation rule as well.

To achive the fucntionality that you have mentioned you need to override the standard Opportuntiy edit layout with your custom vf page where you can do the following.

Please let me know if you have any concern regarding this,

Thanks

All Answers

Pankaj MehraPankaj Mehra
Hi Richard,

On standard Opportuntiy edit layout this is not possible and you are saying that you don't want to use validation rule as well.

To achive the fucntionality that you have mentioned you need to override the standard Opportuntiy edit layout with your custom vf page where you can do the following.

Please let me know if you have any concern regarding this,

Thanks
This was selected as the best answer
Richard Houston 20Richard Houston 20
Pankiaj,

Thanks for the information! It's helpful to know about the need to go down a full VF page route. 

Richard