function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Constance RougeConstance Rouge 

Web to case picklist

Hello,

I am creating a web-to-case form containing several picklist which have a lot of different possible values and are dependant from each others.
I have therefore two questions:

1. Is it possible to update automatically the values available in the picklist? Meaning that if I modify the values in Salesforce, it will be modified automatically in the web form to? Maybe by autopopulating the picklist each time it opens instead of having its values written in the code?

2. Is it possible to put the dependencie rules of the picklists in the form without needing to write them in the code? And to update them when they are modified on Salesforce?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Constance
viruSviruS
#1 is possible 
#2 you should use javascript / your own custom functionality 
Constance RougeConstance Rouge
Thank you for your answer.

Do you know how my first question is possible?

For the second, that's what I thought, but I hoped it would be possible because I am talking about a lot of different choices with three dependent picklist and therefore the third one has around 100 choices, and display only between 3 and 10 choices for each combination of the first and second picklist. Therefore the code is really long and ugly.

viruSviruS
Use API to get the values from salesforce object's field values  to your external system