function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jaime hidalgojaime hidalgo 

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: The 'Days_Since_Last_Update__c' does not exist

I make and erase the object
I did the formula again
I take all the security settings that has on the object Case

Vivek DeshmaneVivek Deshmane
Have you checked field level security of Days_Since_Last_Update__cand case page layout.Let me know if this helps you

Best Regards,
-Vivek
Where exactly, I try to look in the opportunities->fields and I don't se the Days Since Last Update of the case object, ty
Case is not link to opportunity however Account is link to case and opportunity so you can check account fields
I went to opportunities-> fields->account Name and over there all the options in visible where on and I put all the options in read only also on, I'm new to salesforce
Hi,
Please create one formula field with Number type on case object like below 
 and let me know if this work then mark the answer.

(Today()- Account.LastActivityDate)

User-added image

Best Regards,
-Vivek

Hi,
Please create one formula field as Days_Since_Last_Update with Number  return type on case object like below 
 and let me know if this work then mark the answer.

Best Regards,
-Vivek
(Today()- Account.LastActivityDate) give me a message that said: Error: field Account does not exist. Check spelling
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Hi Jaime,

Please create one formula field with Number type on case object like below
Please refer below screen shot. I hope that will help you
User-added image

Same worked for me. Please share your screen shot if above will nt help u 

Please let us know if this will help u

Thanks
Amit Chaudhary
I saw the same picture and I try to do it but I have and error I'm sharing with you the screen shots.
User-added imageUser-added image
I got it I miss to make the formula in the case fields
victorng8victorng8
This was confusing at first as I got the same error as Jaime. Found out it was because I created a new custom object called "Case" instead of using the default already provided "Case".

Only then did (Today()- Account.LastActivityDate) worked.
Paul Barr 7Paul Barr 7
Take a look at the attached screenshot.  You'll see that the result of the formula doesn't appear in the Case Detail.  It took me HOURS to figure out this stupid glitch.  User-added image
Paul Barr 7Paul Barr 7
Use the formula ( Today ( ) - Account.LastActivityDate )    If you right-click this image and open it in a new tab, it will be large enough to see what happened.User-added image
TAYLOR WIMBERLY 14TAYLOR WIMBERLY 14
I keep getting an error when trying to crease a new custom formula field on the Case object. The error message is, "Error: The custom field name you provided Days_Since_Last_Update__c on object Case can only contain alphanumeric characters, must begin with a letter, cannot end with an underscore or contain two consecutive underscore characters, and must be unique across all Case fields"

I am using the Field Label, "Days Since Last Update" and it auto-populates the Field Name as "Days_Since_Last_Update" instead of the "Days_Since_Last_Update__c" that is in the Hands-on Challenge notes. See attachment.

challenge-error