function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Salesforce_NikitaSalesforce_Nikita 

DataStage Salesforce Integration

I need insight on the technical challenges faced while integrating DataSatge with Salesforce without using a Salesforce Integration Connector.
Also, kindly provide some help links if available 

Thanks in Advance
NagaNaga (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Nikita,

Salesforce.com is a CRM application that is widely used by many corporations to manage their data and run their businesses. Connecting to Salesforce through Datastage can be done in different ways. The one im going to explain here is how to use the webservice stage and connect to the Salesforce API.

One major useful site that I found that gives a list of all the salesforce operations with the soap message structures was the developer force wiki site.

Lets take an example of the ‘upsert’ operation in the Salesforce API.  The first major task you have to do is to log into the web service by using the username and password provided. Once you call the login operation though the web service call you will get a session id and server url as a result. This will be used to connect to the API for all future activities till a logout call is issued.

You can use the xml output stage to prepare your xml message. Now one thing you have to remember is that the Salesforce Api does have some record restrictions. For example it won’t allow you to upsert more than 200 records in a call. Another example is that you wont be able to retrieve more than 2000 records using the query call. You will have to use the queryMore call to retrieve records if the result is more than 2000.

Coming back to the upsert call, you will first have to prepare the xml message(s). Now if there are more than 200 records that you need to upsert you will have to introduce some sort of batch variable to group your data into batches.

Please see the link below

http://www.dstagebox.com/2011/04/interfacing-salesforce-using-datastage-webservice-and-xml-stages/#more-8

Best Regards
Naga Kiran
srinath koppulasrinath koppula
Hi Naga,
Could you please explain how can i use query more option in datastage job. I am not able to see in Salesfource connecter stage in datastage11.5 .
I am trying to query in a bulk way i.e trying to increase batch size from 200 to 10000 to imporve select query perfomance.
Can you please adive how it can be done.

Many Thansks in Advance!!

Regards,
Sri