function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Subhranshu MohantySubhranshu Mohanty 

Object Specific actions are not displaying in salesforce1

I have created some object specific actions for a custom object like create new record & update record.Then i added it to the layout but actions are not displying in salesforce1 detail layout. i have tried to check some permissions , it has the permission, added correctly in page layout..Anything am i missing to get those actions be visible?
Best Answer chosen by Subhranshu Mohanty
This issue has been fixed.
Salesforce1 - Quick Actions no longer appear when customizing "Actions in the Salesforce1 Action Bar" for an org with a Namespace enabled

https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p300000008ZKwAAM

All Answers

vinsrivvinsriv
Hi Subhranshu ,

I believe you are reffering to Publisher Actions . Did you check the VF Page associated with that Publisher Action has " Available for Salesforce Mobile Apps" checked ? Also could you check if the Page is added in " Enabled Visual Force Page section " in Profile Level .

Let me know if that does not help.

-- Vineet
Hi Vineet,

I have created a action for a custom object with Action Type ="Update a Record", then  added it to Actions in the Salesforce1 Action Bar section of the pagelayout.When i opened in salesforce1 that action is not displaying.
William TranWilliam Tran
The action will display if you are on the custom record DETAIL Page in SF1.

Where were you looking in SF1?  The summary page will only have "new" and not "update".

if you still have issue, please post some screen prints - the action details, the action in SF1 bar of the custom object, and the custom object detail page in SF1.

thx.

note: I assume you went to Mobile Adminstration/Mobile Navigation to configure (choose Smart Search items) so the custom object show up in SF1.

William TranWilliam Tran
Subhranshu,  do you still have questions?

thx

Hi Tran, Thanks for your valueable respones.

Sorry for being late respond.

Below are my screen shots,
1- Action to Update the same record.
User-added image

2-Added to the page layout.

User-added image

3-  Finally at s1 layout of candidate object detail page.That action is not coming.

User-added image

I have checked one pagelayout is there which is assigned to the user.
William TranWilliam Tran
Can you add something else like clone or Edit etc. to make sure the  changes are coming through and the issue is only the Test Edit.   Otherwise you could have a caching type issue.

Are you testing with you real phone or your ...../one/one.app

Thx
I have checked both in mobile & /one/one/app.

I have created a new action for creating record for child object, that one also not coming.Have you tried to do any object specific actions in your org?is this working for you?
kgilkgil
Hey Subhranshu,

Are you in a dev org trying this out? There is a new Known Issue that was reported causing actions to not show in Salesforce1. Please review this page to see if it is relevant for you:

Sounds like the best option is to set the Salesforce1 Action Bar back to the defaults until this bug is resolved. This should make it so Salesforce1 reads off of the "Quick Actions" section instead. 
William TranWilliam Tran
Subhranshu, do you have your own namespace in a developer Org?  If yes, why? 

Salesforce1 - Quick Actions no longer appear when customizing "Actions in the Salesforce1 Action Bar" for an org with a Namespace enabled
Summary
In a Developer Edition org with a Namespace Prefix set, custom publisher actions do not appear in Salesforce1 when using a "Actions in the Salesforce1 Action Bar" 

This is specific to orgs with a Namespace Prefix set and only when using a separate list of actions for Salesforce1 on the page layout.
Hi,

I think this is causing the error i mean namespace Prefix, @Tran i have enabled for lightening & Package.
kgilkgil
Subhranshu,

Sounds like this Known Issue will be patched by the end of next week with patch 18.0. Test again around Thursday the 13th and hopefully this will be resolved. 
This issue has been fixed.

This was selected as the best answer