function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andrew EversleyAndrew Eversley 

​Creating Wizards with Visual Workflow Challenge Error

Having a challenging day with all of my Trailhead exercises today, All 3 have not gone well, I guess this is a learning experience

Ok, here is the error I'm receiving for his challenge. 
Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
A Visualforce page named 'FlowPage' was not found.

I will add the screenshots below:
1. New Customer Flow
New Customer Flow
2. FlowScreen
2. FlowScreen

3. Account Creation
Account Creation
3. Contact Creation

4. Contact Creation
Opportunity Creation

4. Opportunity

I will add the screenshots for the Visual Force Pages on part II of this
Best Answer chosen by Andrew Eversley
William TranWilliam Tran
Andrew,

Take your time, and follow the examples I gave.  Just reminder everything you create an object, make sure to it the newly created object to and objectId so that you can reference that object in other screens.   Like give the account an ID so that when you create an opportunity you can attach the opportunity to the account.

If you are good with this question, please choose best answer to mark it as resolved. 

If you have future questions, please post new questions and either I or someone else will help you.

Thx

All Answers

William TranWilliam Tran
Your fields are all wrong:

For example Account does not have firstname, it has company name.

So here's the summary:

Account--> company name

Contact --> First Name, Last Name, and AccountId = {!AccountID}

Opportunity --> Amount, Close Date, Stage Name,   and 
Name = {!Company_Name} - {!Last_Name}
AccountId = {!AccountID}

Thx
Thanx for your input William, I was a bit tired and a bit frustrated by this time of the evening lol. Will try what you suggested and give you the feedback. Stay Tuned
When I run the flow with the new information as you suggested I get the first page but the second page comes up with the error 

An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow
An unhandled fault has occurred while processing the flow. Please contact your system administrator for more information.

Screenshots Below
Page 1 of the New Customer Flow
NCFlow Page 1

Page 2 of New Customer Flow Error
NCF Error
Attached are my "new" New Customer Flow" records per your suggestions William Tran

Flowscreen

Account

Contact Record

Opportunity

Please Advise...Thnx
William TranWilliam Tran
Here you go, your should look similar to this.  

For user input stage name,  I just have text, apparently you did something else and made it mandatory.

thx

User-added image

User-added image
William TranWilliam Tran
Here's the formula for close date + 1 month

thx

User-added image
Thanx for your response Wiliam, what I did was follow the instructions given in the scenarios before the Challenge in Trailhead. They gave some examples and I followed the examples to agree with the criteria of the challenge, so that is why my critieria and flow page look the way they do. I will try your suggestions later on when I have some time. Appreciate the time.
William TranWilliam Tran
Andrew,

Take your time, and follow the examples I gave.  Just reminder everything you create an object, make sure to it the newly created object to and objectId so that you can reference that object in other screens.   Like give the account an ID so that when you create an opportunity you can attach the opportunity to the account.

If you are good with this question, please choose best answer to mark it as resolved. 

If you have future questions, please post new questions and either I or someone else will help you.

Thx
This was selected as the best answer
These steps worked for me William, I really appreciated your help. 
Jennifer LaingJennifer Laing
Hi, sorry to re-start this conversation, but I'm having similar problems to Andrew with regards to creating the visual workflow in the Trailhead Challenge. Can anyone advise where I'm going wrong please?

The error message is: 
Errorcaused by element : FlowRecordCreate.Opportunity_Create
caused by: UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED --- ERRORS : (REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING) Required fields are missing: [StageName] --- for SFDC record with ID : null, 

User-added image

User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image

William TranWilliam Tran
Jennifer, in going forward always post new question since I don't look at solved questions when answering them.

Thx
Anuj PatelAnuj Patel
@Jennifer Laing  , 

While creating a choice for the dropdwon. Make sure you add "Stored Value" as "Prospecting" in it. I just faced the same issue and solved it.

Thanks,
Anuj.
Drew EverardDrew Everard
For date I had to use:  {!$System.OriginDateTime} +30

saran kumar 9saran kumar 9
can anyone help me solving this chapter...... step wise .....it will be great help ....thank you
Karen GKaren G
The only thing I would add to this thread is, I got hung up on this challenge when I used 'Choices' under the 'Choice Settings' for 'Opportunity Stage' on the Screen. When I changed it to 'Picklist Choices' and Created a picklist that pointed to the StageName on the Opportunity object, the flow ran without error. I could complete the rest of the challenge from there.
Mohul KailaMohul Kaila
Thank you William and Karen G! 
Sony M 5Sony M 5
Just wanted to post a little update...I was stuck with this challenge all day today only to realize that i had created a custom field that was mandatory on Opportunity Object during one of the earlier exercises.This was preventing the Opportunity Object from being created.Deactivate that custom field and Wohooo...Problem Solved.Thanks William..that screenshot really helped!!
William TranWilliam Tran
Glad it all worked out. Please choose best answer to close the thread. Thx
Rich WingerterRich Wingerter
This was a very confusing challenge. Here are some points:
  • I didn't check for an existing Account or Contact record. Apparently, this is unnecessary to pass the challenge.
  • I needed to create formulas for the Opportunity Name and Close Date. To do that I clicked "CREATE NEW" in the Value column dropdown and picked Formula.
  • I used the formula "Today() + 30", not the one with the system variable Drew Everard used. That formula did not work for me, but "Today() + 30" did.
  • I gave the screen choice field "Screen" a dropdown that included "Prospecting" and made that the default on creating the Opportunity. This worked, even though the challenge says "set the stage to 'Prospecting'". I made the assumption that if the default was Prospecting it would do this when it checked the challenge, even though you could change the stage on the input screen, and it would get a different stage.
  • I picked up the Account ID and the Contact ID values and stored them in fields, then used them to populate the ID fields on the Contact and Opportunity records, even though it didn't say to do this, because it linked the new records together. I'm not sure it would have worked if I hadn't. But it made it much easier to check the results because I could click the links and go to the associated records.
William Tran's answers were very helpful.
Salesforce AnswersSalesforce Answers
This video shows the solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV3ckG-lz4k
Alyssa Lefebvre 6Alyssa Lefebvre 6
@Trailhead Answers, the video is great, but it would be great to have someone explaining why they're doing things as they do them! :) 
David austinDavid austin
For the record I think Today()+30 is a better solution than the DATE(year, month+1,day) solution, because what if today's month is december, or today's date is 31 and there's only 30 days next month?  Ideally you'd use the  DATE(year, month+1,day) with some conditional statments (if ... then ...) that first change month=12 to month=0 and to adjust if the next month doesn't have as many days as is needed, which gets even more tricky around leap-year.  In my tests DATE() expects sanitized data else it returns nothing.  Hmmm... there's an idea for an extension.
Rich Wingerter 9Rich Wingerter 9
I also found that the formula:

{!$Flow.CurrentDate}+30

worked for the opportunity close date.

The formula:

{!Company_Name}+' - '+{!Last_Name}

worked for the opportunity name (note: no quotes around this formula in the entry box for the formula).

And, finally, I used Picklist Choices in this case, although I believe just using Choices and picking matching values to the opporunity stage names worked previously.

Jess BurghJess Burgh

Hey all is anyone else getting an error message when entering the formula for close date + 1 month? Any suggestions??

User-added image
Sudha SalesforceSudha Salesforce
Tried the steaps as mentioned in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoLbJMfAk5I . I get this error.
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Could not find the 'New Customer Flow' flow in the default Home Page. Please help