function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gaurav AgnihotriGaurav Agnihotri 

Visualforce Page on Account Page Layout.

I am successfully able to include visualforce page on Account layout. This page shows list of opportunities. Apex Code:
<apex:page standardController="Account" extensions="OpportunityController" sidebar="false" showheader="false">
<apex:pageBlock >
 <apex:pageBlockSection columns="1">
     <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!AccountOpportunity}" var="opty">
     <apex:column headerValue="Opportunity Name" > 
     <apex:outputlink title="Opportunity Name" value="/{!opty.id}">{!opty.Name}</apex:outputlink>
     </apex:column>
     <apex:column value="{!opty.Amount}"/>
     <apex:column value="{!opty.StageName}"/>
     <apex:column value="{!opty.CloseDate}"/>
     </apex:PageblockTable>
     </apex:pageBlockSection>
  </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

Everything seems to work fine accept the output Link. 
<apex:outputlink title="Opportunity Name" value="/{!opty.id}">{!opty.Name}</apex:outputlink>

The link is opening a new SFDC session in section of the VFpage rather than navigating to Opportunity. Opening a new salesforce session in the visualforce page section
Any suggestions?

Regards, 
Gaurav
Best Answer chosen by Gaurav Agnihotri
Vivek DeshmaneVivek Deshmane
<apex:outputlink title="Opportunity Name" value="{!URLFOR($Action.Opportunity.View, opty.id)}" target="_top">{!opty.Name}</apex:outputlink>
If it not works then try replacing  target value as "_parent", "_self" or remove it  and let me know if it works

All Answers

Hi,
Try below code and let me know if this works for you.
<apex:outputlink title="Opportunity Name" value="{!URLFOR($Action.Opportunity.View, opty.id)}" target="_blank">{!opty.Name}</apex:outputlink>

Best Regards,
-Vivek
Hi Vivek, 
Thanks for the prompt reply. After making the change, Opportunity opens in a new tab. This is definately a step in right direction. I was wondering if there could be a way to open/navigate to opportunity in the same tab.

Regards, 
Gaurav
<apex:outputlink title="Opportunity Name" value="{!URLFOR($Action.Opportunity.View, opty.id)}" target="_top">{!opty.Name}</apex:outputlink>
If it not works then try replacing  target value as "_parent", "_self" or remove it  and let me know if it works
This was selected as the best answer
Thanks Vivek for your help. Your code seems to work.

Regards, 
Gaurav