function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Austin MalherbeAustin Malherbe 

Trailhead challange problem: Automating Time-based Actions with Workflow

I'm having trouble with the Automating Time-based Actions with Workflow which is part of the Process Automation module. I have tried recreating this workflow in 3 new DE orgs with no luck. I still keep getting the same error. "Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Case escalation failed to execute correctly."

I'm sure it is something simple that I'm just overlooking but any input would be great. Below is a screen shot of the workflow rule I have created.

User-added image
Austin MalherbeAustin Malherbe
Rule Criteria
(Case: PriorityEQUALSHigh) AND (Case: ClosedEQUALSFalse) AND (Case: StatusNOT EQUAL TOClosed)
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
I solved the problem. 

I bad understood that I was asked to create a time - dependant workflow action to assign the task to Case owner. 
becouse in the challenge I read: 
NOTE: Since Workflow rules only fire on record save, normally you would implement this with a time-triggered workflow action

So, I removed the time-dependand action to assign the task and I created a new Immediate Workflow action of type "Task". 
Your workflow should be like below

User-added image

Field update should be like below 
User-added image

Task should be like below 
User-added image

This solved the problem and I got the challenge Complete. 

Please let us know if this will help u

Thanks
Amit Chaudhary
Avijit Bhattacharjee 10Avijit Bhattacharjee 10
May I know the reason to Give thumbs down my Answer.. I have completed this challange
Avijit Bhattacharjee 10Avijit Bhattacharjee 10

Hey there , You dont have to create any Time dependent workflow actions to complete this challange. When you go to create a workflow task, its asks for a mandatory field called "Due date ". You just have to populate this field with the option called "Rule Trigger value" . But you dont have to create a rule trigger (You know it as Time Trigger) for it because this trail challange does not want you to create any Time dependent workflow actions.. Just create two independent Immediate Workflow Actions to complete this .Dont confuse with this statement "NOTE: Since Workflow rules only fire on record save, normally you would implement this with a time-triggered workflow action." ... Rule criteria should be like this  (Case: ClosedEQUALSFalse) AND (Case: PriorityEQUALSHigh)

If this is helpfull please let us know

Thanks 
Avijit Bhattacharjee
Heather FordHeather Ford
Above works but don't forget to Activate the "Case Escalate on High Priority" or you will get an error in Trailhead test.
Ken Hansen 15Ken Hansen 15
I'm running into a problem here as well. Not sure what to do. I've tested the workflow and it works. I get the task assignment and the Field Update works. However, the challenge does not recognize and gives me the error:

"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Set Case to Escalated' Workflow field update action was not found."

However, I can see the field update working when I test it. Any ideas?
Jeremy Bauman 9Jeremy Bauman 9
@Ken - I'm having the same issue. Have tried everything I can think of. Workflow works fine and I have the field update set to the correct name but I'm getting the same error message. 

Follow Up - See https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?id=906F0000000B2SSIA0. My dev org had a namespace prefix. I created a new dev org and did the challenge again and it worked the first time. There's got to be a way for Salesforce to fix this. 
Cooper PotterCooper Potter
@Amit Thank you super helpful, had the same error.