function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TriggerTrigger 

Can a field update from an autolaunch flow fire a trigger?

I am launching an autolaunched flow from a trigger. When a field is updated on my custom object, the trigger fires and the flow runs successfully. The problem is the flow updates a field which should fire another trigger. It doesn't fire the trigger. When I update the field manually,the trigger fires. It just doesn't fire when the field is updated by the flow.

From what I have read, a field update should be able to fire a trigger so I don't know why it's not firring.

Can anyone offer an explenation?

Thank you
Robert_StrunkRobert_Strunk
The declarative process automation tools have some built in recursion control which could potentially be playing a role here.  Are you familiar with the "Re-evaluate Workflow Rules" checkbox on field updates?  Basically that allows the actions taken by the process automation tool (WF rule, process builder etc.) to trip additional rules as a result of the action.  Anyway that box is defaulted to off and has to be manually set so maybe the same is true when calling a flow from your apex trigger.  Not really sure how that works but just trying to throw some ideas at you.