function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Siddharth NegiSiddharth Negi 

New Opportunity Creation

While creating a new Opportunity, few vanilla fields i.e. "Close Date", "Probability" as static in system.
We can not make modifications in these fields.
"Probability": We don't need this field in system at all as it's not fitting as per business culture - It has to be removed.
"Close Date": It should not be mandatory, we had created a workflow which will automatically populate "Close Date" as system date depending on an another field "Stage".
We have to preserve the workflow to auto-populate "Close Date" only once "Stage" is "Value-1" or "Value-2"
While creating a new opportunity it should not be mandatory at all.

Kindly call back on +971 566722715 for further clarifications and resolution ASAP.
Thanks,
Siddharth
CRM Business Manager
Dubai
William TranWilliam Tran
You can override the page with your own Visualforce Page then you can do whatever you like.

The next best thing is to move it all the way down to another secion so that it is not obvious and change the label name also if you like.

For example, change Probability to N/A or Not Used and make it readonly.

Thx
William TranWilliam Tran
Siddharth,

Welcome to the Developer's Forum, Since you are new, here are some guidelines:

As a common practice, if your question is answered, please choose 1 best answer.
But you can give every answer a thumb up if that answer is helpful to you.

This will help keep the forum clean and help future users determine what answers are useful and what answer was the best in resolving the user's issue.

Thanks

Siddharth NegiSiddharth Negi
Hi William, Thanks for the reply
Although i am not able to create a new Visualforce Page - Is this available in Professional Edition ??
I am having PE++ edition and have to remove "Close Date" field from Opportunity as its not required
Raja Bipin Chandra  M BRaja Bipin Chandra M B
Dear Siddharth,

If you dont need Close Date field, set a default value and hide it from page layout. But, i believe Close date is very important in tracking the progress of opportunity stages with Close date set as the deadline period.

Regards,
Raja