function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sjniensjnien 

Verification e-mail Organization-Wide E-mail Address not received

I've made a new organization-wide e-mail address. The e-mail address is a Google Group (e.g. customersupport@businessname.com).
Unfortunately I am not able to receive the email with the verification link.

Things I've tried (without success):
- Create another organization-wide e-mail address with a new Google Group
- Create another organization-wide e-mail address with an existing e-mail address (e.g. employee@businessname.com)
- Add the Salesforce IP Addresses to the whitelist of our organization in Gmail (https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000003652&language=en_EN)
- Write an inbound e-mail service that creates a task when with the body of the email (http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/4188/gmail-forwarding-address-verification-code-for-apex-email-service). Couldn't get this to work. I'm quite new to Salesforce Development.

Does anyone know how to verify the e-mail address? 
Best Answer chosen by sjnien
KaranrajKaranraj
I believe you have to make changes in the google group side. You have to all post to group from other domain in the settings of google group or you have make post setting as 'Public'

User-added image

All Answers

sjniensjnien
Sorry, this point DID work: Create another organization-wide e-mail address with an existing e-mail address.
But I want to send the mail from the Google Group e-mail address.
KaranrajKaranraj
Check the email deliverabllity of your org set to All email or System email under Setup | Email Administration | Deliverability
  • No access: Prevents all outbound email to and from users.
  • System email only: Allows only automatically generated emails, such as new user and password reset emails.
  • All email: Allows all types of outbound email. Default for new, non-sandbox organizations.
sjniensjnien
Hi Karanraj, Thanks for your reply.
The email deliverabillity of our org is allready set to All e-mail.
KaranrajKaranraj
I believe you have to make changes in the google group side. You have to all post to group from other domain in the settings of google group or you have make post setting as 'Public'

User-added image
This was selected as the best answer
sjniensjnien
That is the solution! Thanks Karanraj! :)
Cody SolomonCody Solomon
Can confirm: changing posting priveledges on Google Group mailing list to Public is necessary to receive cerification email. Thanks Karanraj!