function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shrikanth KrishnamurthyShrikanth Krishnamurthy 

Salesforce QA Tester

Hi All,
I'm new to Salesforce, and facing interviews on Salesforce QA Tester. Inerviewer asked me What are the challenges you have faced while testing in Salesforce and what are the defects you have come across?  Can anyone help me with this.

Thanks in Advance.
Best Answer chosen by Shrikanth Krishnamurthy
William TranWilliam Tran
That should come from your personal experience and if you don't have much or any in terms of testing salesforce then talk about what you think would be challenges.

Usually, the #1 issues is security!!

Allow other users to see too information they should not have access to like notes, tasks, accounts, opportunities, etc.

Other important challenges are usability.  Out of the box UI are not for dynamic in nature and are fairly rigid.

Other common defects are badly written validation rules, triggers, etc.  stopping business from doing their work or not enforcing important business rules.

Thx

All Answers

William TranWilliam Tran
That should come from your personal experience and if you don't have much or any in terms of testing salesforce then talk about what you think would be challenges.

Usually, the #1 issues is security!!

Allow other users to see too information they should not have access to like notes, tasks, accounts, opportunities, etc.

Other important challenges are usability.  Out of the box UI are not for dynamic in nature and are fairly rigid.

Other common defects are badly written validation rules, triggers, etc.  stopping business from doing their work or not enforcing important business rules.

Thx
This was selected as the best answer
Shrikanth KrishnamurthyShrikanth Krishnamurthy
Hey Willaim Tran,

Thanks a lot for your answer, this will help. :)
William TranWilliam Tran
Be sure to pick best answer if you question is answered.

Thx
Sumedh  DeshmukhSumedh Deshmukh
Hi All,
        My name is Sumedh and I am working with the organization from past 2 yrs on Testing Salesforce CRM platform.I would like to know that which automation tool best suits for Salesforce as I am working on Manual Testing only.Also please let me know how to implement it.

Thanks,
Sumedh
Jimmy VaswaniJimmy Vaswani
Selenium is used for automation testing. Pls refer to the videos from Youtube to implementing it effeciently.
Sandeep VijayakumarSandeep Vijayakumar

Hi All,

My name is Sandeep. I'm have applied for the role of Test Lead @Salesforce. Could you guys advise me on the interview questions and rounds which I could expect for this role based on your experience ? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sandeep V

palak talwar 7palak talwar 7
Hi All, 
Selenium is the best tool for salesforce automation. I have written a blog on salesforce testing. Please through the following link . It might help all the people who are having questions about salesforce testing. 
http://www.tavant.com/blog/being-sfdc-tester
Thanks , 
Palak.
Kajol GuptaKajol Gupta
Hi All,
I want to start my carrier in salesforce QA testing. How to learn and which learning platform is good for me at beginner level, so i can learn and giving interviews.
Sumathi krishnan 7Sumathi krishnan 7
Hi Kajol, 

I want to start my career as a salesforce tester. Where can i start from. Is there any trailhead link to practice . Hope some of you must have been working as a tester here. 
Endy GlasusEndy Glasus
Can anyone give me some guidance on Verification in Automated Testing. Are there anyone here who works in this area?
Mike NubianMike Nubian
There are several different methods of checking, the best one you have to determine for yourself. For me the best one is the assertion check, some people use two checks in one iteration. I would recommend splitting the check into several iterations to reduce the load. I recommend you to read this article for details https://luxequality.com/blog/verifications-in-automation-testing/ it has a lot of tips and examples of how to automate testing.