function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jackb1117Jackb1117 

Custom field on VisualForce page not displaying all values

Hi All,

Newbie to Apex/VF and am having an issue I was hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction. I recently inherited a Visualforce page that populates a dropdown from a custom field. When I add a new value to this picklist field it does not appear as an option to select on the Visualforce page, which is the behavior I was expecting. If feels like I must be missing something fairly straightforward, but have spent several hours trying to figure it out with no success.

Below is a snippet of the Apex that is bound to that dropdown on the Visualforce page, as well as a screencap of the custom field & the dropdown itself.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may be able to provide!

<apex:inputField id="Layer" value="{!Layer.Layer__c}" ></apex:inputField>

User-added image

User-added image
Best Answer chosen by Jackb1117
William TranWilliam Tran
Are there different record types for Layer?

If yes, make sure to go into that record type, go to the filter list,  and add the new value to Layer.Layer__c filter list.

Thx

All Answers

Hitendar Singh 9Hitendar Singh 9
Hi

Can you please make sure that the picklist value is also added to the record types
Jackb1117Jackb1117
Hi Hitendar- thanks for the quick reply!

I believe that the picklist value has been added to the record type- screencap below:

User-added image
Hitendar Singh 9Hitendar Singh 9
Okay. Is this the only and default record type?
William TranWilliam Tran
Are there different record types for Layer?

If yes, make sure to go into that record type, go to the filter list,  and add the new value to Layer.Layer__c filter list.

Thx
This was selected as the best answer
Jackb1117Jackb1117
William,

Thanks for the reply! That seemed to do the trick- I had added it to the person account record type, but not the contact record type. Thank you!