function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rachel watsonrachel watson 

report module in basic Admin

I am imputting 25,000 in the field, but it saves as 25,0.  I already changed language settings.  How do I get it to save as $25,000?
KaranrajKaranraj
Try changing your locale settings to "English (United States)" 
William TranWilliam Tran
Can you provide screen print and the field type (currency,number, text, etc)

Have the checked the length and decimal places for the field to make sure it's what you want?

Do you have multi-currency enabled? It so, you could have a format in multi currency area also (see below).

Also, it looks like you are new to the developr forum, Welcome!!!

As a common practice, if your question is answered, please choose 1 best answer. 
But you can give every answer a thumb up if that answer is helpful to you. 

Thanks

Settings to a currency field for an object will be superseded by the setting in the Currency setup

For example: (Consider the Decimal Place setting on the currency field is set to 2) If you type the opportunity amount as “123.89” on the record and its Currency field Decimal Place setting is set to “0”, the amount will display as “124”. 
Similarly, if you type the opportunity amount as “124” on the record and its Currency field Decimal Place setting is set to “2”, the amount will display as “124.00”, irrespective of what the Decimal Place setting is defined at the field level.
Locating or Editing 'Decimal Place' Settings at the Currency LevelClick on your Name||Setup|| Administration Setup|| Company Profile|| Manage Currencies (If you have “Enable Improved Setup User Interface” disabled) ​OR
Click on your Name||Setup|| Administer|| Company Profile|| Manage Currencies (If you have “Enable Improved Setup User Interface” enabled)
Click on the button ‘Manage Currencies’ which will take you to the Currency Setup Page.
Under ‘Active Currencies’ section, you can review the ‘Decimal Places’ defined for individual Currency.
To make changes to the same, click on ‘Edit’ next to the Currency you want to make changes in.

Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Please check below post. I hope that will help  you.
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000BIZEIA4

I think the problem is the language setting. When I change to US Numeber style "." as decimal and not "," as in europa it work
Please change your locale as English and Language as English

Please lets us know if this will help you

I think I have a different developer version than you. I think you are right that I need to change the currency setting, but it is not under the settings under my name. I included the two screenshots of my error and my developer interface. Do you know where the currency setting is in this developer version? I cannot find it anywhere!
William TranWilliam Tran
Where are the screen shots?  You need to upload them, that is, you can't cut and paste them.

Thx
I was trying to drag and drop the screenshots. Here they are.
User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Hi Rachel watson,

It look like your report filter is not fine. Please update your filter like below screen shot
User-added image
User-added image

Filter should be like this
User-added image

Finally got past this challenge and got my badge!!!  Thank you each of your contributions!   There seemed to be a technical glitch with the $ amount that was resolved after Salesforce support called me. Thank you everyone!!! 

kirsten mainkirsten main
Hi Rachel,
I've hit the same problem - did Salesforce support happen to give you particular steps to follow, or did they need to do something internally to get it straightened out? Thanks!
I went back in after contacting support and the dollar amount went in just fine. I think I took out all commas with no dollar sign and it worked fine. I hope this helps!!!
kirsten mainkirsten main
Thanks Rachel! I wound up deleting it and starting over, then entered everything without any commas. Voila! Thanks!
My pleasure:)