function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Praveen Venkata BPraveen Venkata B 

Unable to create a record, even have Create, Edit, Read permission for an Object.

I have 3 Objects, 3 Users with Standard Platform User profile and 3 Permission set for each User. In the Standard Platform User profile, i haven't given any Create, Read, Edit, Delete, View all, Modify all permissions to any of the 3 objects.

Object1 is master to both Object2 and Object3 with MD relationship.

User1 have Permission set1 with Read access to Object1, Object2 and No access to Object3.

User2 have Permission set2 with Read, Create, Edit permission to Object1, Object2 and Read permission to Object3.

User3 have Permission set3 with Read, Create, Edit permission to Object1 and Read permission to Object2 and Read, Create, Edit permission to Object3.

Now User2 able to create Record in Object1 as he have Create permission in permission set2. Even though User3 have Create permission in Permission Set3 for Object1, he is not able to create record in Object1(New button is enabled as well).

What might be causing this issue?
Best Answer chosen by Praveen Venkata B
Figured out the issue. I haven't given edit permission for a required field of the object1. Not only the CRU permission in permission set are not sufficient, we need to give edit permission to field as well(This what i learnt). I missed this. Once i gave edit permission to a field in Permission set, issue got resolved. User now able to create records.

All Answers

William TranWilliam Tran
What is the OWD for Object 1?

Is it public read only or public read/write? or Private or something else?

It may be private or public read only and user 2 has a sharing rule allow user 2 to add

But user 3 does not have access to add new records.

What error do you get?  User does not have permission/not authorized to .....?  

Thx.
Vishal_GuptaVishal_Gupta
Hi Praveen,

I could say there is something missing in your permission set because if you are creating a new record of object1 from user 3 then it should work.

Is there any master of object1? 

Please share error you are getting during creation.

Thanks,
Vishal

OWD is set to Private for Object1 hence the OWD of its childs will be "Controlled by Parent". As the master of Object2 and Object3 is Object1.

Object1 has lookup to User Object. When User3 clicks on New button on Object1, salesforce directs to its standard new page, but the lookup to User Object is not editable, hence user3 unable to create new record on Object1. And there are no errors. 

Vishal_GuptaVishal_Gupta
Hi Praveen,

What happen when you click on save button? 

Thanks,
Vishal
Figured out the issue. I haven't given edit permission for a required field of the object1. Not only the CRU permission in permission set are not sufficient, we need to give edit permission to field as well(This what i learnt). I missed this. Once i gave edit permission to a field in Permission set, issue got resolved. User now able to create records.
This was selected as the best answer
Koustubh Masurkar 14Koustubh Masurkar 14
Sometimes the default record type is not set for a profile and hence we are not able to create records without specifying the record type. Solution is to add a default record type.