function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jason McCarthy 2Jason McCarthy 2 

Currency Formula (Currency to Text)

I am trying to make a dollar value show from opportunties to a custom object. Conditions if a check boxc(Free Seat) returns true then null the dollar amount, if not then pull the value from  Opportunity__r.Effective_Billing__c. 

Opportunity__r.Effective_Billing__c is a Currency field. 
The field i am populating is Average_Billing_Rate__c is a text field.
Free_Seat__c is a Checkbox. 

Logic: populate the effective billing rate from the opportunity to the internship object. If the free seat checkbox is checked than average billing rate should read $0.00 

Also, I will need the $ and the decimals in the formula because this goes in to an accounting system. 

I am running in to IF problems when i add && 
I am running in to IF problems when i add ||
Extra problems with ,. &" $" & 
Extra problems with ,. &"  . """ &
Running in to problems all around basically. 

Best Answer chosen by Jason McCarthy 2
Neetu_BansalNeetu_Bansal
Hi Jason,

I am assuming Average_Billing_Rate__c is a formula field of return type text. so you can use the formula:
IF( Free_Seat__c , '$0.00', '$'+TEXT(Opportunity__r.Effective_Billing__c))

If Average_Billing_Rate__c is not a formula field, you have to populate it via either Workflow Rules or triggers.

Thanks,
Neetu

All Answers

Neetu_BansalNeetu_Bansal
Hi Jason,

I am assuming Average_Billing_Rate__c is a formula field of return type text. so you can use the formula:
IF( Free_Seat__c , '$0.00', '$'+TEXT(Opportunity__r.Effective_Billing__c))

If Average_Billing_Rate__c is not a formula field, you have to populate it via either Workflow Rules or triggers.

Thanks,
Neetu
This was selected as the best answer
Jason McCarthy 2Jason McCarthy 2
Excellent answer. thank you. I was adding  true to the IF clause and it was erroring out.