function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
srikanth challasrikanth challa 

Is it possible to change the Status picklist field via EMail?

Hi Guys, Is it possible to change a picklist value in a custom object when a user sends an email to a particular email address something like that instead of logging into salesforce and change the status?
Best Answer chosen by srikanth challa
SKolakanSKolakan
Do you have to use Email to change status? There are other better approaches.

Here is an article on how to use inbound email service to parse an email sent to a particular address:  http://blog.jeffdouglas.com/2010/03/12/writing-an-inbound-email-service-for-salesforce-com/

Other approaches are, you can create a REST API if you can call from another application or a Salesforce SITE page in visualforce if user wants UI.

All Answers

SKolakanSKolakan
Do you have to use Email to change status? There are other better approaches.

Here is an article on how to use inbound email service to parse an email sent to a particular address:  http://blog.jeffdouglas.com/2010/03/12/writing-an-inbound-email-service-for-salesforce-com/

Other approaches are, you can create a REST API if you can call from another application or a Salesforce SITE page in visualforce if user wants UI.

This was selected as the best answer
Is it even possible to use the Email address which we create in EMail Services as Organization Wide Email address? 
SKolakanSKolakan
The email address is for incoming email. I am not sure about using it for other purposes. My guess is you cannot use it for any other purpose.
Sreeni, just wanted to inform you that I achieved it by creating a task and adding the email body to the task description then verified my email address for org wide email address and it worked!
SKolakanSKolakan
Good that it worked out. Thanks for the info.