function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sachin Agarwal 9Sachin Agarwal 9 

Email to Case attachment size limit

Hi everyone,

As per the business requirement, customer should be able to attach up to 10MB of file while sending an email and it should get attached with the newly created case in Salesforce as an attachment. As per my knowledge currently salesforce file size limit for email attachments is 5MB per attachment up to 25MB total. I have been digging on internet but I could find at places that we can send an attachment of more than 5MB also.
If I want to attach a single file to an email, can you please confirm what max size it can be of?
Also, If we can't send a single file of size more than 5MB, what are the workarounds?

Thanks!
Kumar SauravKumar Saurav
HI Sachin,

Yes there is a limit from salesforce side for sending large size attachement.You can overcome this limit by using 3rd party storage server for storing the file content as well as sending them over the email with large size attachment.
Cloud Drop is One such App that is some what following the same logic in order to store any number and size of files that can
be associated with any salesforce object with Rackspace server.It also allow user to send very large size file as email attachment to particular contact/lead record.
Please check the following link for more information:

https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000003IzEDEA0