function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AmazonAmazon 

one Question ...pls help

Can you pls help on this question.
Q) What can an administrator configure for users on the search result page? Choose 3 answers
a. Columns displayed for each object
b. Filter by which users can narrow down results
c. Number of records displayed for each object
d. Fields being searched on for each object
e. Objects included in the search a. Columns displayed for each object
William TranWilliam Tran
Answer is a, b, c 

As a common practice, if your question is answered, please choose 1 best answer. 
But you can give every answer a thumb up if that answer is helpful to you. 

Thanks

see this for more information:

https://help.salesforce.com/htviewhelpdoc?id=customize_search_settings.htm&siteLang=en_US
Adithya SreyajAdithya Sreyaj
  1. Fields being searched on for each object.
  2. Number of records displayed for each object.
  3. Columns displayed for each object
Vince O'DonnellVince O'Donnell
I've seen several conflicting answers to this one on many different sites, and also in this question post. First person said A, B, C, second person said A, C, D. 

I've looked myself in the test org and, in Setup - Search settings- an Admin could configure the following: 
1. Number of search results displayed per object (Aligns with answer C)
2. Lookup settings, by object (Aligns with answer E?) 

On a given object's search layout, an admin can configure: 
1. Fields being searched on (Answer D)
2. Standard and custom buttons 

So I guess the question is, is this question asking about customizing a general search, or the search layouts for each object, or both? I'm inclined to answer C, D, E, but then again, answer D is linked to answer A. 

The only thing I know is that it is not choice B. 

Please advise if you have any insights. Thanks 

Gaurav Khare 31Gaurav Khare 31
Yes Some confusions  "type something in seach text box on top and on search result page," 
A. Columns displayed for each object (click on "show filters" and from customize dropdown , select "My Columns".
B. Filter by which users can narrow down results ( click on "show filters" and from customize dropdown , select "Filter for All users". This will allow you to select filter by which you can further narrow down result
C Number of records displayed for each object (Setup - Search settings)
D.  Fields being searched on for each object: - This I dont agree, as search always perform on unique set of fields , Though we can display the fields we want to see but we cannot restrict on which fields we want to make search
E.  Objects included in the search ( Yes we can choose which object to search from left panel)
TimCarlTimCarl
Question is: What can an administrator configure for users on the search results? (3 answers)

The key focus here is the term "search results".
To get there: under Setup > {select the object} >  Search Layouts> {your selected object}  Search Layouts.
There is a Layout named  "Search Results" under Layout.

Additionally, also in the configuration of the: Setup > Build > Customize > Search>  "Search Settings".

QUIZ QUESTION:    1
    A. Number of records displayed for each object.
    B. Objects included in the search
    C. Filters by which users can narrow down results
    D. Fields being searched on for each object.
    E. Columns displayed for each object.

ANSWER is A,D and E.

Setup : under SearchSearch Settings >

A. Number of records displayed for each object;
        a. Number of search results being displayed for each object
            1. You can specify the number of records to display for each
            Object on the Search Results page.

B. Fields being searched on for each object.;
    On a given objects Search Layouts.
    Search Layouts allow you to select the standard and custom fields that
    are displayed....

C.    Related to the <object> Search Layouts selected;
    As a result of the number of fields you select, it will in return dictate the number of
    Columns that are displayed in the search results. The fields are the column headers.
Vinayaka AmareshVinayaka Amaresh
I would go with A, B & C.

A - Columns displayed for each object
(under Setup > {select the object} >  Search Layouts> {your selected object}  Search Layouts.)

B - Filter by which users can narrow down results
I think this can be chosen as answer. Because admin can enable the check 'Enable "Limit to Items I Own" Search Checkbox' which will help users to narrow down the results. (under Setup > Build > Customize > Search>  "Search Settings")

C - Number of records displayed for each object
You can limit the number of search results displayed per object (under Setup > Build > Customize > Search>  "Search Settings")

NOT D - Fields being searched on for each object
(From SF Documentation - The search layout doesn’t control which fields are searched for keyword matches but it controls which fields to be shown on the search results table. The list of fields searched is the same across Salesforce. https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?err=1&id=customize_searchlayout_notes.htm&type=5)

NOT E - Objects included in the search 
I dont think this will qualify. Admin cannot choose what objects should be searchable and what not. It simply depends on user's object permissions / object's Allow Search property. The other way is to set the required object tab hidden but this is to be done for specific user profile and hence does not seem to relate with the context of the question.
Paola Margarita Linares MartínezPaola Margarita Linares Martínez
Regarding this question> 
Q) What can an administrator configure for users on the search result page? Choose 3 answers
e. Objects included in the search 

My answers are< 
a/B/C/

Ratish Kumar 13Ratish Kumar 13
Regarding this question> 
Q) What can an administrator configure for users on the search result page? Choose 3 answers
e. Objects included in the search 

My answers are< 
C/D/E
Michael Sheehan 34Michael Sheehan 34
I'm not convinced that you can do 'Fields being searched on for each object'. There's a big difference between searched on and what is being displayed. I'm just looking into this and from what I can there is no option to choose which fields you can set to be searchable. In fact, I find it interesting that the following link in this thread clearly states that the list of fields searched is the same accross salesforce. So I'm inclined to believe that D is not right.
'The search layout doesn’t control which fields are searched for keyword matches. The list of fields searched is the same across Salesforce.'
ref from Vinayaka, https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?err=1&id=customize_searchlayout_notes.htm&type=5
B would be the answer besides C amd E, you can see my screen shot of including filters.
User-added image
mohit tayal 8mohit tayal 8
I would go with A, B & C.
Lead Search Results can be controlled by search layout of an object and you select number of fields in search results in this setting so A
Search Results Filter Fields for search can also be controlled by search layout of an object so B
Number of records displayed for each object can be controlled by "search settings" so C

Sorry, just reviewed my previous answer is should be A,B,C like the majority says. Answer E in the orignal post included answer A and that's what I was looking at. Sorry, I'll dbl-chk my post before I respond next time.