function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AmazonAmazon 

question...

I believe the answer for this is B. Some where I read it as D. It's easy define role hierarchy than manullay share.. but pls throw some light on this.

. The sales operations team at Universal Containers needs to be able to read edit delete and transfer all records owned by sales representatives. How can a system admin meet this requirement?
a. Add Sales operations users to the default account teams for all sales reps.
b. Define a role hierarchy where the sales operations role is above the sales reps role.
c. Create Sharing Riles that give sales operations access to records owned by sales reps.
d. Manually share all records owned by sales reps with sales operations.
Best Answer chosen by Amazon
Neetu_BansalNeetu_Bansal
Hi,

Based on my understanding 'B' is the answer. Here is why?

Option A: Doesn't make sense. Question talks about all records and not about any specific object.

Option C: This is not possible. Sharing rules permission can be Read or Read/Write. Full access can't be given through sharing rules. So providing Delete or Transfer permission not possible through sharing rules.

Option D: This is not possible. Please read about manual sharing below.

Manual sharing allows the record owner or any user with Full Access to a record, to share the record with a user or group of users. Only the record owner and users above the owner in the role hierarchy are granted Full Access to the record. It is not possible to grant Full Access to other users who are not above in the role hierarchy.
So with manual sharing, users who are not in a role hierarchy above the owner will not be able to delete or transfer the record. They can at max read/write.

Let me know, if you need any other help. If this post helps you, mark it as best answer.

Thanks,
Neetu