function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Someswara Rao VudattulaSomeswara Rao Vudattula 

Created new developer org, but not understanding how to enable lightning experience.?

Created new developer org, but not understanding how to enable lightning experience.?
Luke SimpsonLuke Simpson
New dev orgs will not have Lightning Experience enabled until after Winter '16 is GA.
where can i see lightning exp..?
Luke SimpsonLuke Simpson
You can request a Pre-Release org here: https://www.salesforce.com/form/signup/prerelease-winter16-partner.jsp.  Otherwise, if you have access to a customer sandbox you should be able to enable the lightning exp there.
i have customer sandbox, could you please let me know how to enable lightning on that?
Luke SimpsonLuke Simpson
I apologize.  I meant AFTER the Winter '16 release you can enable the Lightning Experience in the sandbox.  As of this moment, the only way to preview the Lightning Experience is using a pre-release org.
I have created pre relesae org only.
could you please let me know how to enable lightning on that?
Luke SimpsonLuke Simpson
If you are using a pre-release org for Winter '16, you should see something like the attached image in your org.  If you don't see the mug of cocoa with the number 16 on it, then you do not have a Winter '16 pre-release org.

User-added image

e.weetche.weetch
For what it's worth, I'm missing the "Lightning Experience" option too. I definitely have the "mug of cocoa" logo.
Prerel signup was down yesterday -- wonder if it's related.

Have raised ticket with Support.
e.weetche.weetch
Support gave me the below link, which created a prerel org with the "Lightning Experience" option:
https://www.salesforce.com/form/signup/prerelease-winter16-47984592.jsp
BRCBRC
e.weetch-- did you have to use one of the instance types other than Developer? There is PlanOrgPE and PlanOrgWE at that link? THanks!
e.weetche.weetch
@Barbara Christensen -- I actually created a Professional Edition org at first (didn't mean to -- this is the default).
I've subsequently created an EE org (trial) and Developer org where I can enable Lightning Experience.

Note: there's a "Switch to Lightning Experience" option in your name dropdown you need to select after enabling Lightning Experience.
sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce
Hi, 
After 14th September it is automatically came in our paid sandboxes but in personal developer orgs we still need to wait for some time or you can request to Salesforce for your winter 16 prerelease org.

Thanks
Sandeep Singhal
Jacob WeissJacob Weiss
Hi all,

I could not find Winter 16 pre-release in our sandbox. We have EE of SalesForce. Do I need to email our AE and have him add it to our account?
sunny522sunny522
Hi,
 In setup,search for lightning experience hyperlink,once u click on that link you will find a button to enable lightning experience
The link below will help uhttp://salesforceglobe4u.blogspot.in/2016/07/how-to-switch-from-salesforce-classic.html
Rick KutcherRick Kutcher
I am not sure if I should enable the Lightning Experience. I am going through the trails, modules, etc to learn Salesforce in a Developer org, but am unclear as to the difference and whether to switch or not. Thanks!