function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AbAb 

add link to record in email template

Hello,

Hello,

I have a email template like below, I want to add a link to custom object flash__c.

Hello,

A new flash is created for: {!Opportunity.Name} 

Thanks
Best Answer chosen by Ab
Chandra Sekhar CH N VChandra Sekhar CH N V
When you edit the template, select the object followed by field as 'Detail Link'. Copy that merge field, you must be getting the record URL.

Ex: if you are selecting Account object, the field to be selected is Detail Link and your merge field will be {!Account.Link}

All Answers

Did you mean a record URL or a relationship field to opportunity.
AbAb

record URL o
When you edit the template, select the object followed by field as 'Detail Link'. Copy that merge field, you must be getting the record URL.

Ex: if you are selecting Account object, the field to be selected is Detail Link and your merge field will be {!Account.Link}
This was selected as the best answer
AbAb
when an email is received, i want that user should be navigate to record id..like
if i click on {!Account.Id}  the it will direct to account record
Sandrine, the previous post will suffice the same. Give it a try and let me know if it doen't works.
AbAb
I needed to add the https://site before for link to be clickable.
Prathyusha NarayanaPrathyusha Narayana
Yes i to have same doubt how to add record link for custom object like when a user click on that link it redirect to created record view 
Gopi chand 11Gopi chand 11
I have tried like below its working :
 '<b>Quote Number:</b> '     + '<a href="'+URL.getSalesforceBaseUrl().toExternalForm() + '/' + BigQuote.Id+'">'+BigQuote.Name+'</a>'+ '<br/>' +