function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AbAb 

Rename site label

Hello,

When i open my org, I have dropdown on the top left corner.
What can i do to change their labels.

Are they sites  ?

Cheer !
Best Answer chosen by Ab
Yaswanth KothapalliYaswanth Kothapalli
Hi Sandrine,

1. We cannot have the same names as Sites and Communities. Every name should be unique.
2. Yes you can have the names of the Sites and Communities changed with an alternative name.
This will be done by the Salesforce Support team after few checks (like if you request for the new name, they will check if the new name is free/available so that they can assign that name to your Site or community)

So as conclusion: Sites Name and Communities Name can be changed with alternate names but cannot be same. Each name should be an unique ones.

Thanks,
Yaswanth K

All Answers

cvuyyurucvuyyuru
Hi Sandrine,
You are looking at Global Header I guess. This is due to enabling of communities in your organization.
AbAb
Where can i find the seeting sfor global header..i didnt find it in setup.
And what can i do to rename communities name ?

Thank you
William TranWilliam Tran
Sandrine,

Just to be sure we are on the same page, can you provide a screen print of what your are referring to?

If it is the domain name, you are referring to, then that is not changeable by users. As soon as it is configured it cannot be changed. 

However, you may want to contact Salesforce support and kindly ask them, since they can change it for you.

Thx
AbAb
User-added image
AbAb

Also, Is it possibel to change names of Communities and Sites

Communities> All Communities

User-added image

Develop > Sites

User-added image

Yaswanth KothapalliYaswanth Kothapalli
Hi Sandrine,

1. We cannot have the same names as Sites and Communities. Every name should be unique.
2. Yes you can have the names of the Sites and Communities changed with an alternative name.
This will be done by the Salesforce Support team after few checks (like if you request for the new name, they will check if the new name is free/available so that they can assign that name to your Site or community)

So as conclusion: Sites Name and Communities Name can be changed with alternate names but cannot be same. Each name should be an unique ones.

Thanks,
Yaswanth K
This was selected as the best answer