function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shephalishephali 

how to make data visible/accessible inserted via dataloader to the user of contact object

hello friends,
         I have an user who can see 'contacts' obejct data.when i ada contact manually using 'New' button, the user is able to see those records but when i add contact using '.csv' file in data loader those contact are not visible/accessible for the user.what to do in order to make it visible to the user.??
Abhishek BansalAbhishek Bansal
Hi Shephali,

Please make sure that the user from which you are manually creating the records and the one used for inserting records with data loader are same.
Also make sure that the records are inserted properly with data loader or not ?

Thanks,
Abhishek.
shephalishephali
Hi Abhishek !!!
    Thanks for reply.
           My requirement is admin can provide contacts(in bulk) to user for that admin uses dataloader to put records in contact object. so admin is able to see the contacts inserted using dataloader but problem here is the user can not see those records inserted via DL but when admin insert data manually user can see.
   how to solve this problem????

Thanks in advance.
Ryan WilsonRyan Wilson
When inserting records with the Data Loader, records will be owned by the user who performed the insert unless you specify an alternative owner for each record. Use the OwnerId field along with a user’s 15 or 18 character unique ID in your insert CSV file. Records without a value in this field will be owned by the user performing the insert. This ID can be obtained in a few different ways: copied from the address bar when viewing a user record, copied from a Data Loader export of the User object, exported on a report based on the User object, queried using SOQL from the Developer Console, written to a debug log as a part of APEX code execution using the Developer Console’s Execute Anonymous Window, by referencing your users.csv file that is a part of your backups (you do scheduled backups right?), and finally by manually performing an export using Data Export (same place you would schedule a backup).

Because you’ve already performed an insert, presumably without specifying an OwnerId, you have a few choices on what to do. You can manually change the record ownership to the correct user. You can manually share the record with a user or group. You can adjust sharing rules to allow for the records to be shared with the correct user or group. You can use the Data Loader to update the records you’ve recently insert, this time specifying an OwnerId.

Please consider marking this as the answer if it provides you with sufficient information to solve your problem.
Abhishek BansalAbhishek Bansal
Hi Shephali,

I dont see any configuration issue here.
You can do one thing, After inserting records from data loader, Access any record from system admin and copy the id of that particular record.
Than login from that particular user and directly paste the id in URL.
See what happens then and let us know what kind of messgae are you getting.

Thanks,
Abhishek.