function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anthony thomas 9anthony thomas 9 

Cannot get the lightning page to work for the module, HELP!

My problem is that I am trying to complete the Trailhead module and when I go to complete the problem I cannot advance beyond this module because the required field has not page selections in it.

Module: Developer Trail - Lightning Experience  Lightning Components >Creating Components > Add Lightning Components to Salesforce1:

Create a custom tab for this component.

From Setup, enter Tabs in the Quick Find box, then select Tabs.

Click New in the Lightning Component Tabs related list.

Select the Lightning component to display in the custom tab.

Enter a label to display on the tab.

Select the tab style and click Next.

When prompted to add the tab to profiles, accept the default and click Save.

The three underlined steps cannot be completed because when I try and select a page it has no pages in the picklist and it displays "none"…………………Anyone else having this problem.

In a Develop org, Microsoft Windows 7
Best Answer chosen by anthony thomas 9
IshwarIshwar
@anthony
I think you were trying to create "Lightning Pages Tab".
Go to Lightning Components in Setup. Then "Enable Lightning Components in Salesforce1" and Save.
Now you will be able to create "Lightning Component Tabs".

All Answers

William TranWilliam Tran
Anthony

Did you develop these pages?  if yes, go back and make sure they are Salesforce1 enabled.

If you did not create these, then you likely need to download the special edition lightning Developer Edition.

Go back to the exercise and make sure you follow all the direction.

if you still have issues, please post the URL to the module.

Thx
o i did not develope them these are the examples in Trailhead we are to do to complete the exercise. Salesforce has called me on it and they are looking at it. I think the Org may not be setup properly for the execise and they don;t know it. There are some wording diferences on pages vs directions
https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/lex_dev/lightning_components/lightning_components_creating
IshwarIshwar
@anthony
I think you were trying to create "Lightning Pages Tab".
Go to Lightning Components in Setup. Then "Enable Lightning Components in Salesforce1" and Save.
Now you will be able to create "Lightning Component Tabs".
This was selected as the best answer
@Ishwar YOU ARE THE MAN! Why couldn't Salsforce Help tell me that .........Thank you now i can finish this.