function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AbAb 

Deploy change sets from dev to Prod

Hello,

Is it always necessasy to deploye changes from dev sandbor to partial sandbox and then to PRod.
Cant i directly do it to Prod
Best Answer chosen by Ab
Chandra Sekhar CH N VChandra Sekhar CH N V
Guess you need to login to the other sandbox and set the deployement settings.

All Answers

It is one of the best practice to follow that path. 

It is advisable to create a staging environment that allows you to do a test deployment before deploying to production. The staging environment is usually a full-copy sandbox, so it is as similar to the production organization as possible. For this reason, you should create or refresh the staging environment during the maintenance window, not before. 

After you successfully deploy to your full copy sandbox, you need to make some additional changes before deploying to production. If you modified any environmental dependencies in your development environment (for example, to give developers permissions they do not have on production), you need to change those values back to the production values. If you configured service endpoints to test integration with external services, those must also be changed to their production values.
Adding to the above, would advise you to go through the below module in trailhead:

https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/module/app_deployment
robrajkr@ Robrobrajkr@ Rob
It purely depends on the deployment process your project team is required to follow & the size of the project and changes involved in the changesets.If you directly perform from Partial Sandbox to Production then not sure how you will perform full integration testing before moving to Production.

AbAb
I am bit confused with response.

I still dont get my answer.

1) Is it necessaryt to have Partial sandbox between dev sandbox and Production to deploy changes.

More information:
1) We dont have full sand box
2) 4 types of sandbox are avaialble Dev, dev pro, partial, full
We have dev and partial.

I also get below error message, when i try to create outbound change sets in dev sand box.

I added the trigger i wanted to deploye and when i click on upload i get belwo error mesage

"This organization isn't authorized to upload change sets to other organizations. For authorization, contact the deployment connections administrators on the organizations where you want to upload changes."

salesforce mesalesforce me
Hi sandrine check this once..

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_qs_deploy.htm
You need to change your deployment settings for the sandbox. From Deploy gotto 'Deployment Settings and Edit the sandbox settings.
AbAb
For "Accept outboung Changes" check box i dont have rights to click it...
Guess you need to login to the other sandbox and set the deployement settings.
This was selected as the best answer
Ross ParksRoss Parks
When trying to deploy a change set from a partial copy I am Running into this errror: "LogoVersion can't be specified without Logo."  I went through and made all the documents externally available.