function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Eyal AzulayEyal Azulay 

Developer Console has stopped working properly

Yesterday I refreshed the Sandbox and since then the Developer Console no longer works properly:
- The "Problems" tab is always empty, even if I make a deliberate syntax error.
- Ctrl-S changes the current editing tab name to "Saving: ..." but it stay like that forever. If I close and reopen the Developer Console, the changes are often saved. I guess they are only saved if there were no syntax erros, but I can't tell because the Problems tab won't show any information.
- When I run a unit test, the new test is not added to the Tests tab. If I restart the Developer Console, I can see that a new Test run was added. However, the status of the test is not updated. I have to close and reopen Dev Console to see if the test completed. I shouldn't have to restart the Console after every step.

If I log in with another administrator's credentials, the problem persists.
If I open the Dev Console from another PC, the problem persists.

In Production I cannot make changes to classes or triggers of course, but if I run a unit test, the test appears immediately like it should. So there is a serious refresh issue in my Sanbox Developer Console. I figured it's a sandbox fluke that would disappear after I re-refresh the sandbox. but that was wishful thinking :(
This morning I refreshed the Sandbox again, and the same problem persists. It's close to impossible to continue any development!

Has anyone encountered this problem before?
Any ideas what I might try next?

p.s. I already raised it with Salesforce Support, but they said it's a development isuue, and asked me to sumbit it in this forum.
ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
Please let me know if you are still facing this issue and I can take a look.