function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
raghavendra Jammi 2raghavendra Jammi 2 

How To add a "cancel standard button" to the Flows Screen

HI all

In flows i have want to add cancel button for all the screens its populating but i am new to flows in salesforce and could not find any options to add. Please comment

Thanks
Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher
You couldn't add a "standard button" in the Flow itself, but if you wrapped the flow on a Visualforce page you could have a button there.
MalgorzataMalgorzata
I agree with Andy,  today there is not standard "Cancel" button for the flow screens. As a workaround, you could use Visualforce page as mentioned by Andy in order to add custom button or link to give the user the possibility to exit the flow to the specified page, you can use the "Cancel" standard controller action for example:
<apex:commandLink value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/>
User-added image
One of the drawbacks of this solution is that since we run our flow from a Visualforce page, it will use Classic runtime.
It is not ideal workaround, and it is a pity that we encounter the same limitations two years later ;-) 
P.S. There is an idea "Allow Flow Designer "Exit Flow" button" (https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000keEFAAY)  posted 4 years ago that you can upvote and comment on. The author suggests another workaround that is to use checkbox screen element.