function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nik RentasNik Rentas 

Using cases for Internal requests

I have setup cases for internal use.  Have my page layout, record type and custom fields laid out.  No issues, except for case comments.

Right now cases are assigned to me by the sales and marketing teams.  I want to be able to comment on the case and have that comment email to the user that created the case or submitted the case to me.

I get this error - Error: No contact associated with this case.

Of course there is no contact associated with the case!  The case is not attached to a contact?

Am I missing something here?  Should i make a dummy corporate account with myself as the contact?
3 Creeks3 Creeks
When you make a comment public and your case settings indicates that the case creator should be emaied case comments, it goes to the contact.   The simplest thing to do is create a account in SF for your company and load your company's employees (or just the employess that will be creating cases) into the system as the contacts for your company.  

If you do not want to do this, another option is write a Apex trigger that sends the comments to the creaters of the case.