function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Christopher GoslineChristopher Gosline 

Dependent Reports

Hello,

I am curious if there is a way to make report charts dependent on the specific object they exist on. I know you can filter charts, and even have them automatically filter by the layout's object ID they are dragged into, however my ask is a bit different. I would like to create a chart that changes with the object it is on.

For example:

Customer A has various sales revenue for each month of the year
Customer B has various sales revenue for each month of the year

I want to make one report/chart that can be dragged into the Customer object's layout that changes as you look into each record. So when one is viewing Customer A they see Customer A's sales data on a bar chart. Then when one is viewing Custome B they see Customer B's sales data isntead. I do not want to have to create a new report for every customer onboarded, this seems redundant and time consuming. 

Is this possible? Could Visual Force Charting be a solution? I'd rather not dive right into VisualForce as this is an immediate need. If anyone can come up with an answer it would be greatly appreciated.
GunzGunz
Yes, it is possible as I have done it many times. I have reports that are dependent on the Account they are under. You can just group them by other fields (cost) and there is no need to filter them by Account. You just need to add a new section and add the report via page layout.